D2R crash after killing Shenk

It happens not always but very often. After killing Shenk the FPS drops and when that happens after a few seconds I end up on the desktop.

Specs:
Intel Core I9 9900K
Asus Strix 3090 RTX
32GB RAM

10 Likes

Same issue.

After i killed shenk and the bombs go down my graphics driver completely crashes. RTX 3070 TI. Windows 7 tho.

Yep, the game certainly has gfx/directx/driver issues, especially with Nvidia cards/drivers. With a system like yours, the game should rune perfectly fine at max settings.

same issue, same spec pc

same, but GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT

Got same Issue on RTX 3060ti and I5 10400f :frowning: makes farming shenk/eldrich a pain and even lowering the graphics doesn’t help much, using dynamic resolution option makes it crash a bit less often

Absolutely the entire fifth act crashes. The game constantly crashes when trying to move to the fifth act. The teleportation to any WP only immediately darkens, but this is not for long. Then it crashes again.

x570 formula 5950x 3080ti 32gb 3800 cl14 on samsung evo plus, games slow down to 10-14 fps and pull full inpact on gpu game crush or is near to

It probably has to do with the old Shenk multi shot bug. Basically, if he spawns with a multiple shots modifier, his death animation plays multiple times on top of each other (all that fire and stuff). I’m similar specced and my game slows to a crawl if I happen to kill him with multiple shots

1 Like

same issue… crash when shenk is died

Same thing happening with shenk here. Ryzen 5600X / Radeon 6900 XT @ 1440p.

same problem on totally different specs but on Nvidia. I found stupid workaround, start farm from Shenk, kill it, tele to Eldrith and kill him - go back to Shenk to loot. The graphics effects seem to reset by doing it or its just a time thing - either way i can farm like this with no crashes.

Same issue, mostly happens when holding alt and moving. Sometimes it crashes and sends an error report, sometimes it just blinks to black and the window disappears without a dialog.

AMD Ryzen 3960X
128GB RAM
RTX 3090

same issue, game crashes after shenk died (nearly every time).
if it don´t crashes = lag

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
16 GB RAM
RTX 2080 Super
WIN 10 Pro

OK…

I have installed the last driver from September ´21 and now the Game no longer crashes after Schenk died.
Tested it in a few runs. It´s just a bit laggy.

Maybe it helps you.

Same Issue… still present today.

Same Issue

Ryzen 3700x
RTX 2080 (driver 496.13 )
32gb RAM

Same issue

Razen 9 5900x
6900xt
Driver version 21.10.1

Same issue on xbox - glitches after kill Shenk :open_mouth:

Having the same issue with my 5900x 6800m laptop