D2R crash after killing Shenk

yup same issue here.

Yea I crash all the time after killing Shenk. Just now killed him an once again game crashed. Now I am in a que of 185 for I game I was already just logged into. Gotta love itā€¦

Same, FPS drops when the fire and ice starts falling, driver locks up and game crashes. Latest drivers.

RTX 3080

Even if you kill Shank, he gets you after that.
Game crashes for me aswell.

Ryzen 5800X, 32 GB Ram, Radeon 6600 XT
No OS issues, no temperature issues (50 degrees on CPU / Videocard), all drivers are updated.

Fix the game please.

I7- 10870H / Rtx 3060 MSI Gl66 Leopard laptop.

Same issue 100% allways crashing.

Cpu and Gpu sits at max 75 degrees for both, so theres no overheating issue.

Gonna stop farming Shenk while thereā€™s queues. Iā€™ve crashed over 3 times right now and its annoying that this has been going on since release without a fix, Except now i get to wait 10-30 minutes to get back into the game.

Besides the ā€˜ā€˜normalā€™ā€™ out of nowhere crashes what happen random , my game crashes evreytime while farming Shank. Once hes dead and the fireā€™s start raining down the game allways crashes. At first i thought it was a windows problem but i can recreate the crash 100 times out of 100. Only solution is to leave the area and return once the fire animation stops.

Anyone else have this problem??

Hmmā€¦when it crashes on this ā€œfire-rainā€, maybe its a problem with your GPU? Youā€™ve got latest drivers? Is it overheated anyways, so that this event gives your GPU ā€œthe restā€ to crash?

Rtx 3060 all drivers are up to date. Im not saying is a game problem , it could be just me. Curious dough if anyone else has this problem

itā€™s not only him, and itā€™s not overheating anything.
i got the same issue.
video card sits at 50-52 degrees in Diablo2R.
when his fire rain begins, the game crashes right after.

@Blizzard Support team, could you please acknowledge this and work towards a fix?

Hey everyone,

There seem to be a bug with Shenk, which can cause a severe drop in performance when killed on different platforms, and that may be related to what youā€™ve been experiencing.

While tech. support isnā€™t able to investigate or fix these issues, please do remember to report a bug on our forums if you believe that youā€™ve found one. This can help the developers better identify this kind of issue and their impact, and fix them asap:

In the mean time, could you try to turn V-Sync on? This seems to have helped some players with this issue.

(PC Player)

Hi There,

Upon killing Shenk the Overseer the environment spawns a fire animation on the ground. This fire animation is severely taxing my Nvidia 3060Ti, resulting in massive frame rate drops not encountered elsewhere in the game.

Just now the game has crashed entirely upon killing Shenk (and iā€™m back in que, of course). My video card gave a critical error and disconnected. The driver crashed entirely and a reboot was needed. I am playing on max settings and have no frame losses elsewhere in the game.

This has the potential to do significant damage to peoplesā€™ hardware if not addressed and optimized.

For now, Shenk is essentially unkillable for meā€¦ not sure Iā€™d like to risk a piece of hardware that currently takes weeks or months to replace.

Thanks.

seriously you crash with a 3060Ti :scream:
whaaaaaat ???

I have a 2060 and itā€™s just a massive framedrop like in old d2.
guess iā€™m lucky. ^^

Same problem here, 3060Ti. On latest drivers. Only solution I have found is kill shenk and run away, then go back to loot otherwise youā€™ll find yourself looking at the desktop, then waiting 30 minutes in queue to log back in.

i crash with my 3080 once every 2 hrs its a joke.

Looks like you are new to the world of ā€˜hardwareā€™.

I run a 2080ti NO problems at all. Just some small fps drop from 170 to like 40 for a few seconds after killing shenk

Same issue here. RTX 3070, Ryzen 5 5600X.
Seems to be happening right after trying to teleport away when the fireballs start falling from the skies.
Also seems to be impacting not only the game itself. Last time I had a video playing on the second screen. After the game crashed the video froze on one frame, while the sound continued playing.

At a random moment in time, the game crashes, as well as the video driver crash with the error 14 nvlddmkm.
Other games donā€™t have this problem.
GTX 780Ti, i7-4770, Win 10 Pro.

Hey ChoaPark,

As noted in my previous response, please note that this thread is about performance issues / crashes in a specific spot in the game (when killing Shenk), which is a known issue with the game itself.

If the crashes are random, please do create a new thread. :slight_smile: