D2R Needs end game! what we farming for?

I know you D2 neck beards will hate what I say but the gr system in D3 is great and needs to be implemented into D2R, unless anyone can think of a better system be my guest to say. But right now all we do in D2R is farm and farm some more for no reason, what’s the point if there’s no leader board to say who’s the hardest of a class. Me personally its starting to get boring and I bet there’s 100,000 other ppl thinking the same. It wont mean farming is irrelevant, if anything it will make it more important. and to have the best gear will create a new economy for items not really in use Atm. More items will be used and tough testing required. Maybe a token will need to be farmed to do a GR to keep the game inline with how it is, and the loot at the end no different to a normal boss but u get you name on a leader board.

8 Likes

The GR system in D3 made the rest of the game almost entirely irrelevant and turned the game into a paragon grinding game where you live inside rifts grinding your way up the ladder endlessly after fully gearing your character 3 days after the season launched.

The GR system is everything that would be wrong with a D2 style game which is about farming loot for the sake of farming loot, for the sake of farming loot.

16 Likes

Games like Diablo 2 are just for grinding/chilling and getting as godly as possible. There doesn’t really need to be any new content, the only real issue is Ladder is not out yet. Once the Ladder Seasons start then it becomes more interesting as you have to power through the game to get to the top of the leader boards.
Of course Ladder will not be out till January 2022, I would gather with the way things are going.

5 Likes

Did I mention paragon? err no. All im saying is we need a leader board of some sort to make grinding 1000 meth runs or Baal run relevant to just having better gear. Don’t you want to know how good you are compared to the world? I guess your just scared your no good.

You can’t mention D3 without Paragon levelling, it’s the entire basis of progression in D3. There is already a leaderboard in Diablo 2 though, it’s the ladder and it hasn’t launched yet. And nope I don’t care how good I am compared to the rest of the world, that certainly isn’t the case in D3 either.

You know who the best players in the world in D3 are? The ones who Bot, tonnes of the “top” leaderboard players in D3 have actually been banned after eventually getting caught botting, of course they just make new accounts. So why would I want to compare myself to players who run 4 player GR’s with bots to powerlevel paragon level because it’s the single most important aspect of player power?

In Diablo 2 if you added rifts like D3 you obsolete the rest of the game, I’ve enjoyed plenty of D3 rifting and you can find my name on the Barbarian leaderboards for some seasons if you just go check it right now… But rifting made the rest of D3 obsolete.

Powering though the game to be top only applies to those with no job and no life and even RnG dont apply when ppl play that hard, its a ridicules system…to grind to 99 as fast as possible, f*** man, bots have won already.

1 Like

You’re right, you are never going to be top of the leader board unless you literally no life the game, but that is the same for all games unfortunately.
Once Ladder comes out I am sure there will be new content too, as they gave us all the Ladder only Runewords in normal multiplayer.

It would all come down to tactics and knowing your enemy, in D3 I’ve been in the top 10 in some classes on hardcore multiple times with 2000-3000 less paragon than ppl due to tactics and determination. It shows the men from the boys.

you mean rerolling the rift so long till you finally hit the jackpot with the best monsters and easiest endboss?
Hardly skill or strategy if you ask me.

In games heavily based on rng, competitions feel rather pointless. Of course people like to gloat about everything in the end.

I would love a endgame content. Infact i wouldnt mind if they add gr even if it have no exp or drops and is purely for the challenge and competition. Wouldnt mind gr with no drops and only exp so that there be something to do in multiplayer. Baalruns is just boring.

However the issue here is that a GR with LB will make ppl see how unbalanced the classes and builds rly are. So it needs to be like build specific LB or such. Also we got all those purists who believe they the best. With a LB they will realise they actually not good and just big mouth. It would start alot of drama. But yeah i would still love to see GR or even challenge rift or death tower challenge being added.

2 Likes

Btw WindForce, its not easy at all, Especially on HC. We’re risking our hero at every mob we encounter , what you say is true on SC but f*** SC I hate them guys, no balls, on D3 anyway not D2R. If you read my comment earlier I said the keys would be farmed, not spammed over and over again. So how is what u said possible? unless 1 has farmed xxx keys and if there tactics and gears isn’t right wouldn’t even be possible.

has nothing to do with balls rather than the internet connection.
Pretty sure in D2 I haven’t died a single time because I overestimated my dmg or whatever.
I always died because of

1. Bugs (poison viper dmg anyone?)
  2. Crash
  3. DC
  4. Lag
  5. Loading screen

It would just mean you have to put in lots more work to reroll the rifts, which would benefit no lifers even more.

rng map / monster design is just really really bad for anything competitive, there is nothing you can do about it.

If you need endgame, play holy grail, do speed runs, do weird builds etc.
That is what D2 has to offer.
I played D3 only a very short time and I found that rifts are incredible boring because you are losing by default at some points (infinite scaling)
If you like rifting, D3 is still there. I think the majority of D2 players do not like rifting, otherwise they wouldn’t hate D3 in the first place.
D3 is basically Loot shower and rifting, that’s about it

1 Like

What you say about D3 is BS anyway, every player wants power and in D2 if you got Enigma and Grief that’s like equivalent to 5000 paragon in D3 maybe more, so don’t talk to me about power creep, at least in D3 you need to put hard work into it, in D2 you could get lucky and get it in a few days and not months of grinding exp. But you’d be over the moon and boasting about it.

Nobody is boasting about getting drops like they just won a Karate tournament, it’s more the excitement for their personal progress in the game, not competitive. The only competitive aspect of D2 is the practically non-existent underground PvP scene of whales who pay to win and the ladder scene. The ladder scene is no different to D3 Paragon grinding, largely dominated by bots.

I don’t understand your obsession with boasting either, if I wanna compete in a game with skill I will go play Street Fighter, Counterstrike, Starcraft or iRacing. Diablo is a game where you kill monsters for loot and incremental power, it’s not a game where skill is any primary factor.

I certainly don’t think greater rifts would add anything valuable to D2 and I am a fan of D3, I’ve played thousands of hours of D3.

op has:

• never reached lvl99
  • never beat hell diablo in solo HC
  • never beat hell diablo in hardcore online
  • never played a bear sorc
  • never built eBoTD on a merc and let him one hit PK people

there is plenty of “endgame” and plenty of things to achieve. what i appreciate about d2r is that the game doesn’t give you a linear way to do so and hold your hand while you do it.

but some people prefer to have their hand held – and thats okey. it just doesnt mean the rest of us have to as well.

3 Likes

For PvP… DUH….

Chars required

He also never played with his left foot on a full moon while singing the full discography of Michael Jackson.

Doing niche things that vast majority of players will never do doesn’t count as end game. It’s just…alternative things to do.

Like saying end game in GTA 5 is you having to drive all cars on every single square metre of the game.

4 Likes

“i want dumbed down cookie cutter content in a game which is only being revived because a niche playerbase kept it alive for two decades for reasons i dont understand”

4 Likes

the endgame is you have the best gear for killing ppl in pvp

I tried ubers for the first time yesterday and beat it easily on hardcore without being level 90, running only 1 barb from the beginning. I do do feel the game is finished now unfortunately.

Perhaps I’ll come back when ladder comes out, but we could use a little more.

1 Like