D2R still constantly crashing several times daily

Where’s a blue post acknowledging this? It’s a serious issue for HC players.

I’m not alone in this, there are many, many players I come across daily that have the same issue with game randomly crashing all over the place, joining games, loading screens between wp’s, randomly in-game (for me as a sorc trying to tele in baalruns/rushes is lethal)

It’s been how long now? And how many patches? Why so quiet on the matter when it’s clearly a major issue?

Post/acknowledgement/mention of some sort of attempt at resolution is underway would be greatly appreciated, thanks

41 Likes

Same here. 5-6 times a day and I don’t even play that much.

Yeah my route is always andy > meph > Diablo > Baal now before it was with countess summoner tunnels and cows but when I do cows before or at the end of an run it crashes somewhere just annoying af.

For me its completly random, it even crashes just IDLING in chat. But it never happens immediately when I start the game, it always takes 1-2 hours.

Maybe there is a memory leak or something ? I dont know but its also annoying on SC because of Uber Tristram runs for example. And losing EXP. because of this also never feels good (sometimes I logged back in and was dead).

This is very frustrating.

same here, i play softcore tho, so not that serious if i die when it happens, but still really annoying, and it dose not get better whit 30- 60 sec loade times to restart the game.

i have same problem some time is stopping working or disconnect.

Same. 5-6 times a day no matter what I do. Although noticed more frequent crashes in the worldstone areas

1 Like

heck. I gave it the benefit of a doubt. thought it was my old machine.

sc gamer here. crashes every now and then. sometimes the game continues even after the crash. which i can see at my corpse after restart. XD

Crashes every 20 minutes for everybody. They just don’t care.

5 Likes

same for me. only from me Blizzard received 100 error reports since release date for game crashes…But they fix nothing.
They got already our money. Thats all…

3 Likes

I let them build up at the bottom and send them all at once when I shut my computer down. 10-20 of em.

its like the ultimate meta mini game

2 Likes

yes it is true story

dont know if there’s an actual blue post about this, but its been here from day 1 and super frustating.

when will the fix be?

2 Likes

Not true…posted this few days agao… maybe give it a try:

Hi guys.

Had the excact same issue as you, crashes to desktop without warning , mostly after loading new area or act…almost had quitted the game.
I checked my event log and Win 10 told me: virtual memory to small.
Because of having a small ssd i changed the value by myself and fixed the value before.
Then i let Win10 automatically adjust the value but the crashes continued, even with warnings in the event log.
Then i searched the www and read in other forums that the game likes to have more than 10GB virtual memory so i changed it to 12 GB. Increasing to 6 GB= still crashing but without warning.

Since then no more crashes for me even when playing from act 1 until 5 without a break for hours.
BTW i have 8 GB.

So increase the value by yourself, the automatic adjustment of Win10 didnt work well for me, still crahses.

Good luck and i hope you can enjoy the game again as me

i can actually reproduce the game crashing when i want on a specific place in diablo, so therefor its just a fact the game is not working properly at all

1 Like

I now kill on Nightmare Shenk and game crash to desktop. Char and stash is ok, i think.

Edit. Quest is fulfilled

This is getting more and more frequent. I used to be crashing only on cow runs. Now I can crash even in town. Given that the problem has been reported way too many times in the forums, it seems they don’t have a clue and don’t give a damn about that.

I tried doing cow runs in legacy mode and so far, I haven’t crash doing that. Yet I’m unsure if it’s just a coincidence.

Edit : Nvm, just crashed in cows even in legacy. First time it happens but still.

3 Likes

For me to. I have a pretty high end pc for todays standards. I do play often and it seems to crash mostly in the evenings.

Maby because I played for like 4 hours already there is some kind of memory leak causing crashes? Cuz once it happends the first time… it happends more and more after when I restart game. But if I restart pc… the problem seem to be away for 1-2 hours. Then crash again…

2: Maby its just the servers? Server problems causing random crashes? Cus it does happen during 6CEST till when I go to bed… and that is pretty much prime time for EU …

3: Maby the game is just badly designed… nothing new here lately from blizz eh. Hopefully they manage to fix it. Its quite tiresome… Sending in the codes over and over… sometimes I dont recieve an error code though.

It’s 100% not because of the playtime and as much shit as the servers are, it’s not that either. Just the game is poorly optimised and crashes a lot for some people and somehow they don’t seem to acknowledge what’s happening. Knowing blizz they are well capable of telling us that’s our fault if the game crashes even though I don’t have any problems with any other games.

It’s starting to really get me, all these crashes. Ok it’s playable, but I just crashed now on the 4th Baal wave for no reason.

I even thought it was come from what’s happening on the screen, for example, too much blizzard or something. But I even crashed in Harrogath once while idling.

2 Likes

Have the same problem. When my game crashes, it completely shuts down my computer. I have the latest generation GPU and CPU so pretty sure it’s not because of my hardware.