D2R still constantly crashing several times daily

It’s been awful for the past few days, crashes all the time, sometimes direct crashes, sometimes freezes until windows kills the process. (on top of that servers/instances keep crashing, a lot more since yesterday)

It worked perfectly well until 3-4 days ago, the last update definitely borked something.

4 Likes

They sell us the same game again. We buy it again. Its still the same problems, but worse. They increase the price and we buy it. Then they ignore the problems… again…

5 Likes

I have the same problem.
Why nobody from blizzard answer???

1 Like

GeForce Experience: Disable in-game overlay.
After edits, I haven’t crashed once in a week because of RAM overflow, before that I crashed on average once a day

So a week ago or so I created a thread regarding the game running very poorly all of a sudden, ~15 fps prior to the 140+ I had at launch. That was fixed after much trial and error, removing and reinstalling drivers and what not. (The culprit was Xbox gamebar running in the background)

So today, a new problem arose, which is constant CTDs… Sometimes with an error popup to send to blizzard, sometimes not.

This happens what seems to be randomly, but only experienced it in the midst of fighting monsters. Sometimes I can go through a whole farm route in a game without problem, but the first monsters I fight in the next game may crash the game.

Thought I fixed it for a while after closing down Steam in the background, since I was able to play for a little over an hour or so without a crash, but it’s still occurring frequently.

This is my dxdiag:

https://pastebin.com/hkcEJqnM

I’m not using GeForce Experience and still have like 1 crash every 1 to 2 hours.

Just now, in town doing nothing.

Don’t know why my Thread was moved here, since CMs always tell people to do separate threads for tech support instead of hijacking other threads.

1 Like

Who knows. They don’t care and will probably tell us the problem comes from our computer and not from the game. Mark my words.

5 Likes

Any blue posts Blizz or we just going to continue sticking our heads in the sand and pretending the problem doesn’t exist?

1 Like

I know the answer:
“We cannot detect any problem. Please check your PC configuration and settings.”

The 5 million game crash reports what they received are only a user mistake…

4 Likes

Any blue posts Blizz or we just going to continue sticking our heads in the sand and pretending the problem doesn’t exist?

Someday, hopefully :joy:

unplayable! I fly out of all games every 5-10 min. from lvl 80 it gets really nasty. lose vast amounts of xp and gold. the game makes no sense at all! I’ve been looking for solutions for 2 weeks now! was the last game i bought from blizzard for the time being. PS: I’ve been playing Blizzard games for over 26 years. But that’s a rip off!

3 Likes

Yep. And support isn’t helping either.

Crashes like crazy now. I noticed it’s ALOT worse when playing with others as opposed to just yourself in a single player game.

1 Like

3 times in one hour. Have a brand new fully updated rig and solid Internet. Idk wtf is going on.

same here, i cant play for more than 5 min… then the game crash.

still no blue post or any replies despite people having major issues, and from everyone i’ve spoken to in-game also, it’s a majority issue

blizz have 10000s of reports from their error reports sent upon crashing, yet still no communication, nor responses to my tickets or forum posts

shameful

1 Like

Hey pawlie,

We currently do not have any known issue (or known bug) causing the game to crash. Game crashes will happen in any game, and usually happen because of outdated drivers, or compatibility issues with other softwares.

If the game keeps crashing for you, please do follow the steps in this article, this should help quite a bit. :slight_smile:

If the issue persists after that, please post a MSinfo in your response, using the Performated Text option.

Alternatively, if the crashes happen on a specific class, or while using specific spells, or when killing a particular mob, and if you can reproduce the issue consistantly, it may indicate that there is a bug with the game, which can be reported to our developers.