Game constantly crashing all of a sudden

I have no idea what changed but from one day to the next the game started crashing, and it seems completely random as to when it happens. It happens at character selection or after playing a character for a few seconds up to a few minutes tops. It is 100% impossible to play.

A couple of crash reports, I can add more later when I try some more:

29EDA23B-8EF7-46F2-B84C-074639301C71

62FC681F-F6A2-4DCE-86B0-87A7CA61C929

I’m playing on a brand new gaming setup (a few weeks old) with everything maxed out, and everything has been running beautifully up until yesterday when it just started out of nowhere after booting up. I uninstalled the latest windows updates, downloaded new graphics drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and everything else on the list besides reinstalling windows, which seems like a stretch but I guess I could try it today…

I need some help here Blizzard!

Running windows 11 and previously used the game folder copied over from my old computer which was using win 10 64bit, which was working perfectly fine until yesterday, and have since uninstalled and reinstalled as previously mentioned.

These look like crashes in the Graphics driver. As you say you already updated the driver, it would be best to remove the driver through a program called Display Driver Uninstaller. Before running the program, redownload the current new driver here.

After the driver is removed with the program, reboot your PC and install the newly downloaded driver.

just did exactly as suggested and tried again.

game crashed after 1 minute or so with no crash report,

any other ideas?

This driver issue is getting a bit old. The game itself is crashing for tons of people in Travincal when Hydras spawn. Conveniently switching the graphics back to legacy fixes the issue, but remains for lots of people who run on the new updated graphics.

There’s even another thread where it’s acknowledged by a Blizzard rep. See that post here: Travincal Game crash

We’re clearly still waiting for a fix, or is everyone’s driver at fault? Getting really tired of hearing this re-hashed & garbage response.

So any other ideas for me? it is just so random when it happens, but never later than a few minutes into the game. tried playing completely offline as well - crashed anyway.

C95581B2-4A90-4526-A777-63BF231F5BD1
F4DA4AE6-3B5C-4B0F-86B6-9916E29B5D0F

Good news is, that this is a different crash, and doesn’t look like a GPU driver from what I can see. Bad news is, that it’s still crashing. Can you try repairing the game, and if that doesn’t help, create system files and send them to techinfo@blizzard.com with the subject “Dresiaron - D2 - 23284”

Tried repairing several times, and on different installs as well. no repair needed every time.

Sent you the system files, hope you find something!

edit:
B89F6385-B4DA-40B8-A6B9-9559202C04F7
F5542680-8505-46C0-B728-704E67589D1C

I have same problem The game today started crashing so badly that I cannot finish act 3 all day…I am not sure what the ppl who suppose to make it work are doing …almost a year and the game is still full of bugs and crashes regularly…

Looking through them, there’s nothing very obvious there. I can see Armoury Crate causing some issues in the background and as we’ve seen RGB software causing odd issues in the past, it might be worth trying to remove Armoury Crate from your system.

It seems to be sound-related. Turned on my Bluetooth headphones and all of a sudden the crashes stopped…haven’t tested it properly to find out the issue yet.

The same issue. No error message and the game crashes within 1-2 mins. It begun mid of last week and still makes the game practically unplayable.
The last thing I did before this issue occure was implementing an old edited char/items with godly stats in my single player directory, which I’ve removed afterwards. Tryed the repair option as well.

• edit - After disabling the audio it works fine.

This issue was indeed sound related. I’ve found no real fix for it but disabling Realtek(R) audio and instead using an external set of headphones or speakers allows me to play crash free (apart from some baal wave crashes ofc…)

solved