How much is a sur rune worth?

Hi

New to trading and the rng-god just shined upon me with a sur rune.

What can that get me? Not just in regards to runes but items too.

A Sur is generally around 1.3 High runes. A Lo is 1.1, Ohm 0.9, Vex/Zod 0.5. An ist is 0.2.

Or Jah/Ber is 2.6 to 2.8 HR.

Hope this helps.

In terms of unique items you can trade 1 SUR for basically any good unique in the game unless the unique has perfect or near perfect stats- then it would be worth more.

Lol. Your imaginary currency… And what is 1?

1 Like

High Runes = HR is the currency of Diablo 2 since 20 years lol it’s not his imagination. No single rune is exactly 1.0 HR but LO is close to that.

3 Likes

0.5 + 0.5 = 1, so that’d be like two Zods/Vexes.

If you need any more help, let me know x

As for sources:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo_2_Resurrected/comments/q267tv/current_item_prices_by_mrllamasc/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Yes.
Jah - one high rune. And it cost exactly 1 jah.
Ber - another high rune. And in cost exactly 1 ber.
Cham - also a high rune. And it cost exactly 1 cham.
The number you mentioned - numbers from your imagination.
Oh… these numbers from MrLlamasSC’s imagination… No difference, actually.

Disagree: sur=1.1 and lo=1.3 now.
If u like this table i will be happy trade my sur for your Lo+ist :slight_smile:

Lol these numbers are created by the market not by any person. Given enough transactions over a long period of time you can precisely determine the exchange ratio and value of every object in the world. That’s how we know how much Euro is equal to a US Dollar.

2 Likes

It’s a useful guide, (which you should note is someone’s opinion and is likely to fluctuate), for people to follow.

But going by your logic. I’ll trade you my one HR Sur for your one HR Ber?? Deal

Why you gotta be so hostile anyway? I didn’t think we had that in this community.

O 2 lem N um
O 6 fal N um
O 6 io N um
O 6 lum N um
O 6 ko N um
O 1 ist + 5 ko N gul
go trade?

If so, would you accept my offer above?

But going my logic means there is no “high rune” value. Each high rune has it’s own value.

I think you’re misunderstanding the purpose of the table, and now I understand that your hostility comes from confusion.

I can’t really explain it, but I’d advise watching a video and it may help you understand.

Think, the higher the number, the higher level of demand there is for that rune, hence a chams low HR value, its rarely used.

YES! You’ve got it, each rune has its own value! That’s known as a HR value in diablo 2 /D2R. I think you’ve got it now mate! <3

Could you give me some examples? :slight_smile:
Just lvl’ed a sorc and could use some good gear…

U can buy tal armor+something good for sur
I think tal armor+death fathom (bad or mid)=sur

Dude EVERY object in the world has a RELATIVE VALUE to each other. We use “money” to make the transactions. But since we don’t have a single good thing to use as “money” in Diablo2 we use MULTIPLE currencies basically. Every rune is a currency on it’s own. But they have a RELATIVE VALUE to each other and HR is an imaginary currency the community made up so they can easily calculate the relative value of every rune against each other. These numbers slightly differ from person to person just like every bank in the world offer slightly different exchange rates.
You may think LO is 1.3 or 1.2 but just like no bank in the world will ever value US Dollar higher than EURO, no one in Diablo 2 will value a Sur Rune higher than a Ber Rune.
Suggested Reading: “Wealth of Nations” by Adam Smith.

There is no reason to imagine some synthetic number to describe rune values. People across the whole world use reference item for similar purposes. You can say sur = 0.5 ber or sur = Lo + vex or sur = 10 ist - that would make sense. And that “HR” numbers is just numbers from imagination, you have to convert them into real numbers before use.

See. To each other. Not to something non-existent. That is the point.

You can buy an average Griffon’s Eye OR Death’s Fathom OR Death’s Web with a Sur Rune.

2 Likes

I don’t offer someone 5 pieces of copper for their sweets.

I offer them 10 ‘pence’ for their sweets.

What is your problem with the ‘HR’ currency? You’re imploring the exact thing we’ve spoke of, but simply excluding ‘HR’ from the end.

And on that note, I’m out. We’ve hijacked this poor lads post, sorry OP!

1 Like

User FajraKatviro is ignored
Reason: troll.

1 Like

HR system exists to simplify complicated trades in which for example you trade 4 different high value runes against 7 different high value runes. So you can easily check if the values are close to each other. You don’t need to use the system in every transaction. In the real world US Dollar is the standard currency which all OTHER CURRENCIES are calculated against(See Bretton Woods Agreement of 1944.) That’s why the HR system exists. It’s the US Dollar of D2. Otherwise you need to check every ratio (Japanese Yen against Russian Ruble, Russian Ruble to EURO etc.) which is complicated and stupid.

1 Like