I'm 46 years old and don't have time for this!

I’m tremendously disapointed in Blizzard!

I’ve played Blizzard games for most of my life! I used to speak of Blizzard as a dream work place. I remember there were rumours that every new employee got a sword upon getting hired. I mean, it must have been the coolest companyever! And now?

Now, I’m 46 years old with three children. I don’t have time to play nearly as much as I would like, but still hanging in there. My favorite game of all times has been resurrected, and I’ve payed 40 euros for it ,which is totally fine. Tonight I have an evening of to play it.
Number 325 in queue…

I know this post will drown among the general complaints. But I honestly feel wrongfully treated. I don’t understand how a company like Blizzard can treat their customers like this? In my world, if the demand for playing my game is to much for my servers, I increase the server capacity. Plain and simple!

Furthermore, instead of acting like nothing is wrong, I would apologize to my customers, because I know that they are the reason for my companys success!

Blizzard ain’t the company it once was… So disapointed!

348 Likes

I know right, same age range as you and having same good memories. Started playing around 2001 on dial up. Remember the issue’s the original D2 had back than? It’s the same all over… disconnects, pc crashing etc. But i hear you, it’s just my game to go to when i need to relax and it is frustrating when u dont get to play. Or when u have a typo or try to enter a new game to quick the game puts you back in que. Also the main issue is the lack of transparacy from Blizzard. But yes Diablo2 is in our hearts so hang in there and hope you get some quality time soon.

9 Likes

I agree, this game has become a complete disgrace.

[image]

20 Likes

Only 24 left… I’m sorry but soon I just dont have time to hang out with you people anymore, best of luck!!

1 Like

I am going to be so old and weak by the time my queue is up

10 Likes

My issue is similar.
Put baby to bed - might have 1-2 hours before it wakes up.
Time to get that epic gear!
Queue = 356… :frowning:

26 Likes

308 in que to play a game i’ve bought, currently #143 after 35 min. You guys really need to step up your game and fix this game. To be fair, you have had 20 year to improve this. This is not value for my money.

3 Likes

I feel you, as I almost fall under the same category. The only solution I’ve found to this matter is just getting in line like 1 hour before expected playtime. Just log in beforehand and then leave it there logged until you’re ready to play. You’ll definitely make the queue problem worse for others but Blizz decided this is the way we have to play. They want to fix the problem by making it worse, then just make it worse.

6 Likes

Not to mention if you finally get online and make a game, BOOM, name allready taken, please take this 1 min timeout…

3 Likes

Yeah, this is unacceptable… Even worse - the position in queue does not exactly correlate to time required to get in. A few days ago I was ~300 in the queue, an it took a bit over 20 minutes to get it. Right now when I tried to login, I was 290 in the queue, and after about 1 hour (I’m using a stopwatch) - I’m still in queue (55)…

1 Like

While the queue is waiting, that is, time for:
watch the new issue of Demolition Ranch, browse the news, pour coffee, walk the dog, have a light snack, take a nap, make another coffee aaaand… by this moment be 10 in line, i.e. wait another 5 minutes and you can play the remaining 30 minutes of the planned two or three hours.
The child is 36 years old :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 hours connection (and queue number doesn’t even count down anymore), playing 5 min, having a crash back to desktop , relog again…

This game is a scam, simply : If the managers behind the stealed Blizzard name could sell you an empty software, like just a title screen and that’s all, they would : they just grab as much money as they can and let the house burning, they don’t care because they will buy another reputed brand to do the same : luring people based on their company trust.

You are complaning but ActiBlizz got your cash and won’t give it back, that’s over.

7 Likes

this game sever is fk up i am like youi que aroud 300 and wait like 2 hours to 24 than the queues fk up need went back queues agian and now 389 wtf shall oss just wait here with pc open for all day for a queues what a team to fix problems good job BLZ

Fun part is, if you want to complain, you can’t. Only way to contact blizz is through this forum…

4 Likes

Just waited 2 hours to finnaly get in the game and then it crashed after 5 minutes. Now again queu 414 !! Come on :frowning:

Sorry i dont have time for this. Didnt they made proper server stress test ?? I am really pissed rigt now.

7 Likes

40 years old nerd here and feel the same… I have played Blizzard games for 30 years (Rock’n Roll Racing on the C64 baby!) and it’s just sad what the company has turned into. Lawsuit aside, the quality and community work isn’t there anymore. There’s hardly any communication ever and it really seems like they give a damn about players because your 40€ are already in their pocket. There has been that one detailed post about problems but damn… no further update on how and when it can be improved. It’s like if enough people quit the problem will have fixed itself with no money invested.

I was already turning away from Blizzard before but D2R and the memories of good old times and the easy coop with friends (hop in and play) got my money again. A mistake as it seems as that’s exactly what’s NOT working and I’ll make sure to not buy any other Blizzard games on release. Maybe when they are on sale for 10€ after a year and servers can handle the few remaining players the games might have.

Shame on You Blizzard.

10 Likes

I am 41 mate, married & have kid like you.

I am never ever gonna buy a blizzard game again. That was the last one. I am working hard all week, and at the weekend I want to enjoy a moment’s peace, aaaaand suprise “QUEUE 250-300+”. It takes ages and I dont have time for this shit. Noone has time and they are keeping adding timegates and queue times to their games. HOW CAN A “BILLIONS of DOLLARS WORTH COMPANY” CAN’T HAVE ENOUGH SERVERS?

They dont accept my refund request. They actually stole 40euros from me, last payment from me though. No WOW subs ever again, no diablo IV (imagine if D2 has those problems what will become of D4), nothing, I am gonna uninstall the launcher and forget about this company.

18 Likes

I was in the stress test… Not a single issue for me.

Same here. Been waiting Sunday to relax a little bit just to find out I’m 454 in queue, and at the pace it’s moving, I’ll maybe be able to access the game at bedtime. I wonder what happens if you live the game/computer on 24/7? Does it disconnect after some idle time? Common Blizzard, you certainly have enough money to upgrade/expand the servers!

same here… 52 years old… queue 537… waste of time and money… maximum disapointment… 'nuff said.

Edit:
Half an hour later, I am already queue 437 … how exciting … at this pace we all wait about 3 hours to connect to a game that possibly crashes anyway and the queue starts all over again …

1 Like