My character is gone

The character was lost in oct 14, 3/7 am argentinian time (GMT -3)
Double checked the tabs
Sorceress lvl 65
Platforms: PC and Switch (they were already linked, I lost another 2 characters because of this before)
The Last game was played on Switch, so… How can I “accidentaly press the X red button” If there isn t any one?

Long time player from 20 years ago. First time I’ve bothered posting on the new forums.

I have several characters right now, at various levels, including a 52 Necro, 46 Druid, and several others in their 20s. Last played a new Assassin last night and logged off around 10:00pm CST.

Come back this morning and everyone is gone!

RIP

Character gone.

• When the character was lost, and/or when you last played it - 2021.10.14 Today, ~13:00 CEST
  • If you are referring to an Online or Offline character – ONLINE
  • If you have double checked the Online and Offline tab (the option is in the top right corner of the screen, above the character list) – YES
    The class of the character that you’ve lost – Sorc lv41
  • The platform you were playing on (PC or console, and if so which one) – PC

Same problem, my necro lvl 20 i have pl;layed yesterday is gone, no i dont use delete button to leave game…

• If you are referring to an Online or Offline character - Online
  • If you have double checked the Online and Offline tab (the option is in the top right corner of the screen, above the character list) - yes
  • The class - Necro
  • The platform PC

I also have Barb and it is gone to.

Just lost all my characters (2 network and 1 local) just ask Kain in village and find myself in main menu without any characters.
Please inform me when you fix it, I couldn’t start the new game with the same bug

It has been 2 weeks since the creation of this topic of discussion. Where is the solution to this problem?

2 Likes

Came home from work today and checked the game. My characters are restored! Thanks Blizzard, for this at least.

My character is missing for ~ a week now. It disappeared during some kind of emergency maintenance last weekend. Level 72 necromancer, the name is Necrox. Please help?

Online and PC

Glad to see something is happening for some ppl, im still waiting and checking everyday. A respons on like a ETA or something would be great. Or just say “no help for you” so i can move on from this game and blizzard.

Today after I linked my battle net account to psn
Yes I have checked
An Amazon level 81
I was trying to play on PC when I noticed I couldnt see my character

• The character was lost: on the 15 night or 16 morning October
  • Last play: October 15, 22h-23h ( Kamchatka time )
  • Offline character;
  • Double checked the Online and Offline tab;
  • Character class: Amazon
  • Level: 14-16
  • The platform: PC
  • Character name: Anna
  • Server: EU
    I demand to restore the my character!

Check my solution post for offline characters. All the offline characters that doesnt appear on list but local files are correct, they are corrupted, and the shared stash too

My character was lost 2-4 oct, last played about 2 oct. Was 26-30lvl sorc. Pc, online, EU server. Don’t remember name, think was called Xmatty. Checked several times online/ offline- gone

• The character was lost: on the evening of the 13th of October;
  • Last play: October 13, 20:20-20:30 (UTC +5:00);
  • Offline character;
  • Character class: Necromancer;
  • Level: about 25-27;
  • The platform: PC;
  • Character name: Pardoner;

P.S. Any of my new offline characters will not log in, it says “Failed to Join Game” and returns to the main menu.

P.P.S. All files are visible in the savegame directory, but it still doesn’t work.

Played with my main lvl 70ish Sorc. Ended the game, made a new character, deleted this new one because of bad name, created a new one with correct name. Now I leave the game and when exiting I see all my online characters as they should be. 1 minute later when I start the game again I see my main deleted and the 2 newly created characters including the one with the bad name are there.
You call this accidental deletion of the character? The world may come to an end but I am fairly sure I did not delete my main character. Hope this helps your flawed database problems.

• The character was lost: 18th of October;
  • Last play: October 18, 00:00-01:00
  • Offline character;
  • Character class: Sorceress;
  • Level: about 70-74;
  • The platform: PC;
  • Character name: Hans_Olo;

I lost a character on my account as well in the last 2 weeks or so and would like to restore it.
It was an ONLINE character.
I double checked the Online and Offline tab;
Character class: Assassin
Level: 23ish
The platform: PC
Character name: Dahlia

Character lost today, please restore it.
Character class: Sorceress
Level: 37ish
The platform: PC
Character name: Alaya

• The character was lost: 24.10.2021
  • Last normal play: 23.10.2021
  • Online character: No
  • Double checked the Online and Offline tab: YES
  • Character class: Sorceress
  • Level: 66-75
  • The platform: PC
  • Character name: Sorc
  • Server: Dunno

It has been 3 weeks since the creation of this topic of discussion. Where is the solution to this problem?

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for provided all this information, this has very useful to us and to the developers in verifying these reports.

We have now received a response from our development team, and they didn’t identify any bug with the game outside of:

• Players deleting characters by mistake, which has been addressed in a recent patch
  • Server stability issues, including rollbacks, which were addressed in this post

Characters lost unfortunately can’t be restored, but we hope that both measures taken to address these issues will improve things, and prevent you from losing hard earned progress in the future.