My character is gone

…This is actually impressive. a Level 77 assassin just gone from my account - complete gear set. Sick.

Did you get it back yet?

Hey i just connect myself and i don’t have my sorceress level 86 full stuff ? The name was Walkover
What could you do ?

• The character was lost: on the 11 night or 12 morning October
  • Last play: October 11, 22h-23h ( paris time )
  • Online character;
  • Double checked the Online and Offline tab;
  • Character class: Sorcerer
  • Level: 86
  • The platform: PC
  • Character name: Walkover
  • Server: EU
1 Like

That happened in original D2 a lot also, try to play safe.

Seems like I just lost my character as well. Was playing in act V, was just about to identify items at Cain. Game sent me back to online lobby and when I tried to reconnect it said it could not find my character. Is it coming back or…? Just spent 12 hours leveling this.

But it’s 2021. We have better datacenters, PCs and internet connections now. It should not even be an issue to compare.

Hi, i have the same issue, just happened 5 minutes ago. I was just about to identify items at Cain. Game sent me back to online lobby and when I tried to reconnect it said it could not find my character.

I lost my 41lvl amazon too((

same issue here. Lost lvl 75 sorc, 64 druid and few low lvl with stuff

same happen to me. i tried opening the cow lvl on nightmare on my lvl 74 pala. i nothing happened. i tried re-doing the lobby, it said my character wasn’t found. i restarted the game, and now all my characters are gone? if this is permanent, i am done.

Lost all my characters including my lv83 necro with nice runeword gear… i hope its beeing worked on a fix for this?

Starte gerade das Spiel, und freu mich, das es anscheinend läuft. Was das ? Online hab ich nicht einen Char mehr, kann aber anscheinend einen neuen erstellen. Hatte 9 Chars , davon 8 HC, mit allem möglichen erspielten Zeug.
Danke Blizzard, Ihr habt Euch mal wieder selbst übertroffen !!!
Wie kann nur eine Firma soviel Unfähigkeit preisgeben ? Anscheinend zu geizig, genügend Serverkapazitäten bereitzustellen, und dann noch unfähig Daten zu verwalten.
Schlimmer geht nimmer. Fakt ist, wenn die Deppen das nicht in Ordnung bringen, war es definitiv das letzte Mal, das ich für Blizzard Geld ausgegeben habe.

hey
i also just lost all my toons like 10 mins ago

it must be a bug i hope for really bad if this many ppl lose there toons and gear
special after grind gear and rune’s

me too. Charackter Slots are empty. Missing 82sorc 81ama and some lvl50/60s twinks.
GET UR SERVERS GOING and i hope for you that my charackters are still there.
If my charackters are lost i refund the fucking 40€ to myself via paypal and my bank and going to hate u and tell me kids to hate you and never ever going to buy something from you and tell my kids there are not allowed to buy any of your products. Ill paint the DEVIL NAME on your BRAND. So go on work for your reputation.

touch less women immorally - work more on the servers :triumph:

Huh, it’s the same for me: game “hanged” on “waiting your transaction to complete…” message after selecting “Identify items” menu item in Cain’s dialog window, then it had thrown me back into the lobby, I wasn’t able to create any new game with error message presented being “Can’t find this character on the server”.

Subsequent game restart revealed than none of my character are showing up in the selector - they are all gone. I really hope that this is a temporary issue and chars would be restored back soon. Otherwise it is a death sentence for D2R and future D4 from the gamer’s PoV - there’s no point in investing days of your time in something that gets removed all out of a sudden with no apparent reason whatsoever.

2 Likes

Guys, it’s seems this is recognized by Blizzard now. They have stated in the battle.net app it is a problem with authentication servers. This means they might be able to “resurrect” all of our characters as soon as they get the auth server back. I don’t know, but I would think atleast they will use a backup from maybe yesterday or sooner. I am only hoping and using rational logic here, but losing a char forever seems very far out…

Yep. My character is back now :slight_smile: thank you Blizzard. We are still some who belive :smiley:

I got nothing back boyz

nothing for me, sorc lvl 87 gone