**Once again, classic gets cucked with zero blizzard feedback**

Let’s begin with the basics.

1. This thread (*Urgent Classic Matter*) has been up since SEPTEMBER 2021! An incredibly important issue that affects Classic primarily, but also segregates organic users for expansion as well. This has not been addressed in any form.

2. Classic still does not have shared stash. We’re muling stuff to reduced inventory space mules like it’s 2001. Not a single person on classic likes this. How are we not entitled to this? The entire classic community (which had to make a discord channel for CS runs because of issue #1), wants shared stash. You cannot tell me you know what classic wants better than classic players.

3. Why are the zone level updates applied only to expansion. Is classic not allowed to diversify where they farm? This was such a great change for expansion and meanwhile here we are, Andy, Meph, Chaos. On repeat. It’s ridiculous.

After EIGHT months of begging blizzard to care, can we at least get a community representative who does his job and escalates these issues to the devs? We tried making tickets. We tried contacting popular streamers. But nothing has come of it. Why are we this deeply ignored? The tech is there, just give it us!

5 Likes

maybe we should be asking mr.llama instead of the official blizzard forums

at this point i feel like its intentional that classic gets nothing.

1 Like

Hi,
How glad I am to see this thread!!

So much time we spend to address those issues and still nothing. This is ridiculous!!!

I think that mr.llama is too much drenched in Diablo Expansion and he doesn’t have time and interest in our problems. But of course, we can try to talk with him.

Someone here is from his time zone?

Hope dies last!

Classic needs more attention. Don’t implement the mode to drop it after release.

Yeah well, this is nice for Expansion where you need to farm high level areas for some items to even drop, but would not matter for Classic, except for variety of leveling areas.

I like that Classic monster levels work like they did in pre-expansion. Monster level changes in Expansion really turned me off back at the release. Like leveling to 99 at Bloody Foothills 8 player runs where you basically don’t have to do anything. (well this changed in 1.10 at least).

Of course the areas to play is much less but generally I tend to farm all of Act4 at least before level 80. (Also with a Barb I often play Flayer Jungle up to 73-75 or so).
Actually only at level 83 the exp form Outer Steppes and Plains of Despair start to drop drastically (monster levels are 77 IIRC).
City of Damned, River of Flame and Chaos are left to run at that point. At 85-86 you need to drop City and then you only have 2 areas left to run in the game if you looking for exp.

People are just min maxing so much that they tend to do these “runs” like in Expansion where there still are a lot of Baal runs for really no reason (since you could run a lot more areas when you are under 96level ).
So you see people rushing to hell CS at level 50… then getting bored of not doing anything but that.
They should simply restore the experience gains in a party like it was in pre-expansion. People would have to small group their way to Hell Act4 to gain meaningful exp and not just join big parties and get free exp.

becuase it is Classic, and Classic did not have shared stash. Do you wnat Classic or not? make up your mind.

because Classic shall remain classic and no updates shall be applied otherwise will not be Classic anymore. Do you wnat Classic or not? make up your mind.

2 Likes

Kinda agree… But in the old game it was easier and cheaper to get a second account to mule stuff and also you had unlimited character slots to use as a mule.
So in that respect it’s kinda akward to mule items without shared stash.

Maybe it could be just 1 page that allows you to move items there and pick up with your mule.

2 Likes

You’re talking about a game that doesn’t exist the way it was before June 27th 2001, the release of LoD. Or do we take 1.10 release at October 28th, 2003 as guideline? Or December 10th, 2009 when we got respec quest? Or is it the game before 2.4 release when we received alot of balance changes?

Classic is defined by alot of things, but Classic remains classic even with a bigger/shared stash. I don’t need classic legacy and classic d2r to look exactly the same. D2r classic should come with all QoL features out there. Blizzard already decided to change the skillbalance of classic, a shared big stash would be a much smaller step.

Also it was a step back at 2.4. They removed tcp/ip and took away the only chance for a classic player to mule at singleplayer. Also like Akse said char slots changed aswell.

Monster level impacts quality level of items. Having more lvl 85 areas means more areas farmable for sorcs/barbs, etc. It’s a net positive.

I don’t see under which circumstance it could ever be argued that this change would have ANY downsides to classic.

@danutz

Are you dumb? That’s like saying “Because it’s expansion and expansion did not have shared stash. Do you want expansion or not? Make up your mind”.

That’s not an argument. Same for the zone levels. According to you, why should anything get a change? It’s 2022 and quality of life changes are important to modernize the game. Classic should be entitled to those changes the same way we got skill changes.

1 Like

Danutz23…

I thought that you left D2R behind you because no endgame… But I was wrong… You are still here and doing nothing good, especially for Diablo Classic game mode.

As you said, make up your mind… because now you still trolling here.

If they don’t want to make changes to Diablo Classic then why do they apply this game mode?
If changes are added to Expansion and at the same time affect Diablo Classic then it’s not Classic anymore.
Maybe they should do two kinds of patches, one for Expansion and One for Classic?

Our request stays the same and it is still as simple as it is: Expand base stash to Expansion stash size and add at least ONE shared stash (And remember that Blizz already has a working solution for that, they don’t need to invent anything new)!!

Best

I want to add unlimited respecs, or at least 1 free token (or norm/nm/hell a1q1quest refresh) for every balance patch they bring. Can’t be that a 95 pvp chars gets destroyed by that.

Well, perhaps, this is intended? So you have the play-feeling of the real classic (without LOD), only with updated graphics, exactly as it was before LOD came out?

And with the expansion, you’ll get all impovements of resurrected?

Why do you want to play classic in the first place? Imho, you’ll gain nothing from that, except of a tougher gamplay (both mob-difficulty and qol-wise). So, although, this might be cynical: either play expansion or live with it…

Classic gameplay is far more entertaining because rare items are what matters. How they look, how you can always get one a bit better. Class identity is there since not everyone has teleport or BO. PvP is more balanced because there aren’t +25 to all skills on a character.

Classic is fun man.

1 Like

Read all answers here. Classic is far from what it was before LoD came out. They keep changing the balance in 2.4 up to this day. Classic mode ≠ patch 1.07 . MANY things have changed since then. We don’t want an old patch, we want a classic mode with QoL changes and changes that actually make sense gameplay wise. There are many things that can be improved without changing the soul of classic. If we want a classic without any improvements we can play legacy. Apart from the graphics, d2r has taken steps back by removing unlimited mules for us.

Right now we are just being ignored by streamers, platforms like d2max, blizzard and the whole gaming world.

First of all Diablo 2 has two modes in it.
One is Classic which has been since the beginning of its release in 2000 ( base game ).
Two is the Lord of Destruction which has been since 2001 ( expansion set ).

Since then we as a community have the option to play Classic mode or Expansion mode because it is there and it is your choice where you want to be and which mode you want to play. There is nothing more to say about it and I really don’t understand why you said what you said.

Why are you saying that we players of Classic mode gain nothing? Are you saying that because you are also a player of Classic mode and didn’t find anything fun or exciting there? Or you are just a Lord of Destruction player who just doesn’t understand what we are saying and why we are fighting for those QoL and why we choose Classic mode?

By these words, I think that you don’t like Classic mode and you are a Lord of Destruction player. I think that you chose easy gameplay and you did not find anything fun and good in Classic mode. I may be wrong but it is how I see it by reading your short sentence at the end.

With all my respect to all players who don’t agree with us Classic players:
Don’t comment on that kind of thread. Go there where are threads about Lord of Destruction problems and leave your words there.

If all of you don’t understand this then it’s too late for you.

Best,

1 Like

Guy’s where are you all?

It is ignored, because they don’t really consider LOD players need, which has over 99% of the players base playing it. There are like what, 30 players in classic, maybe 50 at pics all regions mixed ? (if you don’t count the ones who only made a sorc to rush till duriel).
So i think you allready have your answer about why “it is ignored”.

Google-Translator

But LoD didn’t have a common stash either. It just had one bigger chest.

Classic shouldn’t be playable in single player either, because you don’t even have the option to store items on a mule.