People are bugging the servers to dupe Items on d2!

OMG This are not rumors, it is the truth. The same was hapening 20 years ago!

Now if this is the case, shut the servers down, make a bluepost explaining the situation and assure us you are working on it. @ Blizzard

2 Likes

If this is true, the only way to prevent it would be to remove the “in-game” player to player trade. Of course, if an item is thrown out of inventory (throwing it down) it must be destroyed. Because this is how player to player trade is also done.

So yes, blizzard should implement the auction house system.

Sometimes I wish they would hire me and give me money. But such good advice is doomed to rot in forum corners.

2 Likes

NO NO NO! They just need to find where the bug on the server is, how they “kill” the server and fix it! And they must find it few times, cuz there will be more bugs like this, and after that it will be fixed! I can’t imagine how they will remove the duped items, but this is a nice beta before the ladder starts anyway.

i can help you with my sorc if you want.

False, I lost my Vex-rune yesterday from the shared stash.

Unidentified items already rolled their stats before you ID them. So no that is not the reason.

Blizzard should say something if this is true. They have not closed this post so who knows. It might be happening.

Blizzard got no clue wtf they are doing… They didn’t make an original game for 16 years…

thing is the dupers have most likely figured out how far back the roll back is, meening they can go days botting for items, then trade the items to an other char, then just wait for a while, and bug out the server waiting for a roll back, and bang both have the items, heck could even be they hit the servers whit a ddos attack to be sure they brake, could even be that they sold the items before that, and when roll back happens they have them again, full out scam.

So why would my main, who was never in multiplayer session and wasnt even online during weekend crashes rolled back by whole week? THis duping theory is just hilarious.

2 Likes

Not so hilarious yesterday i gave some items to a new necro player before a crash.
When i came back in the evening, i told him that , with the roll back, i still have the items and i wanted to give him back : his answer was “But i have it in my inventory”.
so his theory Can be right…

most likely is, risky but can work, thing is, if they farm for 3 days, and every time send item to an other char, then brake servers, there is a shot they will have double items, when roll back happens, probably loose some but not all.

So they do rollback to random players that are not even online and never traded, while letting players with dupes unaffected?

As you saif : you weren’t even online during week end crashes so they might have taken the last save they had of your character i think

But WHY would they need to take any older save if my last save was not interfering during weekend rollback? And why it had to be more than week old save? And why they even got so old save? I was playing during weekdays so they should have plenty of new saves. And why only One character got rolled back and non of my alts?

ask them :x i don’t work for Blizzard Act. It was a suggestion.

cuz thats how a backup works. they restore the database of a specific date, all edits done later are ‘removed’, if they did this from a restore point of for example thursday…

They dont respond, just hide post into pile of similar posts and ignore it. But since this topic is wild theory, i wanted to somehow get my experience into it and it doesnt work.

So why “restore” only some characters?

1 Like