The drop is absolutely sh*t

7 hours runing trav, mephisto and trav and i get only ocolus and ormus… 7 HOURS FOR NOTHING

4 Likes

thats why this game is so magical :smiley:

39 Likes

2hrs in tower and i found an ohm rune lol :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Try playing with 3 people

2 Likes

Found and jah and ber within 24 hours seems like it needs to be nerfed.

12 Likes

Yeah you need to switch it up… stop only running meph because his drops are generally total garbage.

I’ve only ran him like 50 times total in the past week on Hell and the best things he’s dropped are T. Gods Vigor and an SOJ.

I managed to get a Shako and an Occy in the same drop on Andarial, the rest of the stuff has been from Hell Cows, Pindle, The Pits and Countess.

So far I’ve found 3 Tal Rashas plates, 1 from pindle, 2 from the pits… 3 aldurs boots, all from the pits, most of my stuff comes from either Cows and Pits… highest rune I’ve found is Ohm from some white trash mob in the Black Marsh just looking for the forgotten tower…

Yeah dude, switch it up and kill some trash and champ packs… just farming bosses is going to get you no where in this game.

When I do a run this is what I normally do and I’ll add variations to switch up the monotony:

Go kill Bloodraven. (High chance at A.Mesh) Optional
Go in to the Mausoleum (Not the Crypt) and clear it and open the super chest Optional (Don’t go in here if you run a Lightning Build)
Go to Tristram and grab Wirts Leg (Kill Grizwold Optional)
Go do a Hell Cow Run, kill everything, loot everything.
Go to Black Marsh, find forgotten tower, kill Countess.
Go to Outer Cloister, tele to Pits, clear Pits level 1 & 2, open super chest.
Go kill Andarial.
Go kill summoner at Arcane sanctuary optional
Go kill Meph.
Go kill Eldritch and Shenk Optional
Go kill Pindleskin.
Go kill Nilathak Optional
Go do a world stone run, kill everything you can on the way to Baal. Optional
Go kill Baal. Optional

Keep repeating this over and over again and add in the optional steps every once in a while if the drops are bad in the more frequented areas like Pits and Cows… that’s all the advice I can give on the matter. If you do a run without the optional stuff, should take you about 30 - 40 minutes, doing everything is a good 90 minutes if you’re soloing.

I usually do two 60 minute runs a night, where I just switch up the events I do both times to break up the monotony and call it quits… been finding some decent stuff so far.

Stop just farming Trav and Meph, they’re literally the worst places to farm on Hell… Pits and Cows give the most yields and every once in a while you’ll get something decent from Pindle or Andy… Meph literally never drops anything for me and I stopped doing Travincal because it’s always just blue garbage and gold.

EDIT: Just to keep all this information contained to the same post, my MF was anywhere between 220 to 270 until I found some better stuff like war travelers and a Tal’s Plate. My MF is now 284 normally and 359 on switch for bosses.

You want your MF to be anywhere between 300 - 350 at all times.

17 Likes

Drop rates are as they always have been. It even feels like the drop on runes has been improved, but maybe I miss less nowadays since the highlighting was not added when I stopped playing D2 LoD.

Droprates are fine as they are.

4 Likes

Consider yourself lucky, in definitely more than 7 hours I haven’t fund an Oculus yet…

5 Likes

7 hours? there is a guy in antoiher post where I complain about buggy drops that said that he farmed 20 years an not found even a LO rune, and he said that it is OK !

5 Likes

The same here: already 10 minutes running Nihlatak and still not found neither griffon eye nor jah rune.

19 Likes

You shouldn`t complain, I killed meph for about 5 hours in total and it literally didn’t drop anything good for me. While Pindle dropped a Tals Armor, a Shaftstop and an Arkains Valor in less than 300 runs.

As everybody else said, stop farming Meph after you get some basic gear on yourself, it has the worst drops.

You are really lucky to get Tal armor from pindle. There is chance something around 1:20k to get it.

2 Likes

I got a SOJ from one of mephistos minions! I’ve been doing Andy and meph today with a few variations. Found a bit of stuff chance guards, tal helm, high lords amulet i think it’s called, IK maul, IK gloves.

It works but it always was slow going. I have got anya done yet so I cannot do pindle. No body will run (or teleport) for me. I seem to be a squishy sorc :rofl:

i did ancient tunnels before bed the other day and Lo dropped, i woke up did my first tunnel run and Lo dropped again i couldnt believe it! back to back! but then before i did 2 days mf with not amazing stuff so its RNG my friend

1 Like

My best rune so far was an Um… so if drop rates increased, not for me though <_<

What kind of crying baby are you Sorry, it sounds harsh, but I couldn’t find any more words with “sugar”!

Seriously, you’d better play D3 again or whatever.

D2 is made for a completely different kind of player, “we” accept the RNG of the game and are happy that we don’t have everything within 2 days.

I e.g. Since the release, play almost every day, sometimes 1 hour sometimes 4-6 hours. Almost exclusively with my Sorc. In the whole time I haven’t found an Occu or a Harle … but I don’t give a shit … I found Astreo’s, a perfect Stormlash, a few storm shields, Andariels and much more. That’s the game and it’s a good thing.
Some have been playing LOD since 1.09 and have never found a wind force themselves, others loot it almost weekly.

3 Likes

Another D3 player detected :rofl:

12 Likes

what MF you have during these runs by curiosity? :slight_smile:

Welcome to Diablo II. I was slaughtering cows by the hundreds for runes because I need a Lo. Just one Lo. Friend kills the trash by the stony portal and gets an Ohm while the best I saw was a Ko.

1 Like

Why almost no one is doing chaos runs. I always see only AT, Pits, Pindle, Meph…
Somebody told that Blood Raven has high chance to get arachnid mesh ? I don´t think so buddy. Also with 200 MF you have a chance 1:24K.
AT runs are the most boring one.

Do you think that Diablo and Baal drop is OK ? I think that these guys should have better drop, at least Diablo deserve it. It is not that easy to get to him and farm him.

1 Like