Thoughts On The New Queue System?

It’s garbage. Instead of waiting an hour for them to fix the servers we’re now waiting an hour in queue. Yes you can say at least SOME of us get to play now but we ALL paid for the game.

Blizzard should invest in better servers instead, they have the money for it. We didn’t all pay $40 for these dollar store servers, if we wanted to be a bunch of cheap dollar tree mofo’s like Blizzard we’d have gone there ourselves and save $39.

2 Likes

My refund request has been processed and it’s not easy to find on Blizzard’s website which states that “using the play button ends the possibility of a refund”.
Next time Blizzard will try to make sure that we can start the game and not get stuck in a queue worthy of WoW launch.
Last time I trusted you, 39,99 euros for not being able to play, are you serious?

hahahhahhahaaha wow bud take er easy, those girls never avoided a decision they made

I would say okay for this Queue system as a temporary solution, if there wasn’t two BUTs

1. Crashes, there a lot of them, and every time queue anew
  2. Click on game → join → “game is full” - here we are, take your penalty, wait until any other action. Typo when printing game name (cuz have no time to remember all symbols correctly due to auto game list refresh) - here we are, “no such game existed” but hey, here’s your penalty!
    Really close to absolute evil as for me.
    Do the “/list hell” command to list all the games at least, or games filtering, anything handy to work with such restrictions, please
3 Likes

Seriously, you want players to have good time? Currently the process of playing D2:R is as follows:

1. Wait 30+ mins in queue
  2. Wait another 30+ mins in queue after clicking ‘online’ in character screen
  3. If you’re lucky play <1h hour, then game crashes (always)
  4. repeat

I guess our definitions of ‘good time’ is a bit different.

At least fix this crash bug which already here for weeks. Literally every single player crashes all the time, how hard it that?

1 Like

Well, its not extreme yet but have to wait every time is a bit annoying. That problem does not exist in orignial D2.
The worst thing is when you have waited like 15 mins to get in create a game that unfortunatley has a name that already exist! You then need to restart the game since bnet dont work and get in a new even longer que! That is something that I see need to get fixed.

im 348 in queue waiting to connect, yesterday i was 237 and took nearly an hour to connecct… unplayable.

• 21 years old game
  • they can’t handle its servers
  • queueing introduced to fix
  • 319 in queue in a 2000 game they can’t get to work properly
2 Likes

VV made the remaster, Blizzard only had one job of making sure servers and backend runs smoothly. Surely it wasn’t that hard to predict that hundreds of thousands of players will be creating/joining new games after they removed the realm downs?

Started 243 in queue. After 15 mins still 243. I bought a game to look at its background. This is just stupid. The queue idea is not bad, its implementation probably is

You want some feedback? Imagine going to a popular restaurant with a group of friends, you all pay $40 upfront and you all order your food, but only 2 people of your group get to eat because the restaurant owner didn’t expect more than 2 people to come and have dinner.

The queue system is garbage. Instead of waiting an hour for you cheap mofo’s to fix the servers we’re now waiting an hour in queue. It doesn’t change a damn thing for your customers. We’re all still having to wait forever to be able to play the damn game only for it to crash on us randomly and we’re back to waiting again. Imagine if we get a Ber or Jah drop, we see it drop but before we can pick it up the game crashes on us, now we’re waiting in queue and by the time we get to play, our game (and thus our Ber/Jah) will be gone.

Invest in better servers instead, you guys have plenty of money. And yes I know you’re merely a forum mod, but you wanted feedback so there you go, here’s your feedback.

Now get rid of this tedious, good for nothing queue system.

4 Likes

They need to add a system where your server spot is reserved for a minute before being dropped. Then it’s less of an issue when the game crashes…

Blizzard refused several time to refund me. I have asked through Paypal even if I played 50 hours + and I was refund within 2 days.

2 Likes

I’m unable to play. This morning I’ve spent like 50 minutes in the queue. After 50 minutes I had no longer time and had to leave the house. That’s 50 minutes of waiting, without even playing a single minute.
Now I’m back home and tried to log in again. Again in the queue at position 314. This position is not even changing after 10 minutes!
How long do you want me to wait until I can play a little bit? I don’t have time to wait a hour or longer until the game starts. That’s ridiculous.

One cool thing would be to keep your session “alive” for a few minutes after you disconnect. This way if your game crashes, you can reconnect to the existing session without losing anything. If you have an open session, by default you connect to that specific one and skip the queue. When you hit “Save and exit”, they can destroy that session and everything go back to normal. Thoughts?

Blizzard releases are a big joke. First they had alpha and beta
The beta was as usual with streamers and few people to test out
Of course the servers cant be tested with couple of people , but what they do ? They release the game , and then they realise , oh wait , we aint got the server capacity for so many people.

Same thing happend with Wow Classic , lets say there was a problem because you would not expect so many people as many of them were playing on Live server , but now ? You knew how many copies were on presale , then when people started buying the game after launch , you should have been ready with extra login servers.

But greed is good isn’t it ?

Just leave pc running. You wont be logged off once you made it into the game. Its shitty but at least you can play … well given you dont get a crash to desktop in which case, whelp … start the queue game again …

I have this weird feeling that this ‘crash’ everyone’s experiencing is actually a silent feature meant to unload the servers from time to time.

My thoughts. Their shit, utterly cancerous and the worst decision they made. Its not even a bandaid, its like putting a small plaster on an open fracture. Which is no surprise really.

Literally unplayable to play online unless i quit my job or just stay up and dont sleep. Then i can play, until the game crashes and im in another 3-6 HOUR!!! que.

I would advise anyone who wants a refund to just do it through who/what ever payment method you used to get your money back if Blizzard wont refund. Because this product/service is not not been provided in an acceptable state for what should be expected of an online capability.

If your in a que for hours when you otherwise have time to play (before or after work as an example) but cant due to que times and errors and disconnects etc. Then your clearly not being provided a product you paid for.

Waited 40 min, got in, game crashed, back to queue.

Waited 40 minutes more from 250 to 2, then i got “failed to authenticate” and right back to the start of the queue.*

I officially hate you blizzard.

I want my money back. now.

1 Like