With sunder game is LOL

I just tried orb sorc with cold sundering charm. She s balling and anihilating everything, lmao, game is ruined:

1. Cold res is one of the least important ones to have. I am not even mentioning the fact it can easily be topped anyway.
  2. Any single element sorc (or any other elemental build) completely destroys the game. For sorc it is just a bit easier as a cold res is not as important and free tele is provided.

Honestly, there is no challenge anymore. The only challenge was to get the charm, rest is easy.
P.S. And yeah getting one was also piss easy.

4 Likes

The fact that you called getting a charm “a challenge” is already an overstatement.
This thing drops so often even when I tried to SSF in this season it’s just disappointing. I’ve actually had harder time getting Sol rune for Insight from Countess than getting sunder charm from terror zone.
I gave up after a week since the game just became too easy and too boring. Especially with cold sorc that just clears the entire game, including ubers.

Edit: I don’t understand why they’re even trying to make the game so much easier, even for casual players. I can easily call myself casual/new D2 player since I started playing this game on actual mod, PD2, season 3 which was like, 1 year ago at most. And even I just feel like this game makes no sense now, because it’s just too easy having no immunities.

1 Like

So, create your own challenge by just using rare items and no charms? The fact, that there is that option, doesn’t mean you have to actually use it?

you need ALOT of gear to “annihilate” with orb sorc, even with sunder. if you would have said blizzard i would understand. but orb… nice troll

6 Likes

Orb is viable even with only ~+6 to all skills you can easily clear hell and the bosses. They removed the Global Cooldown Interaction between Orb and Blizzard so you just use both. It’s actually really strong on P1 but it doesn’t scale as well as Blizzard for higher players count. On P1 you basicly oneshot Rares and Uniques with one Orb. So for clearspeed it is better than blizzard

viable doesnt mean good. but yes i play orb right now with almost 1k dmg. and for a terrorized rare to oneshot (except maybe little fallen bois), the orb has to hit perfectly.

terrorized cs, cows, baal etc. for example is still faster with blizzard even on p1. clearspeed of orb is not better everywhere.

1 Like

there was no challenge also before. e.g. my merc crushed alone ChaosSanctuary and killed Diablo, my paladin just watched…
this game has no-endgame, everything is too easy and gets boring quickly.

3 Likes

Danutz23, glad you like it.

1 Like

You sound like a broken record.

1 Like

It literally clears faster than blizzard in p1 so it is not only viable. Look at steelmage twitch if you need proof … If you have zero experience please don’t try to tell people how viable skills are. Blizzard just scales better for high player counts and i am talking about p8.
The advantage over Blizzard is the better AoE range and consistency in terms of hitting all monsters. And as i said you combine FO with Blizzard. Your FO Blizzard is maybe 15% weaker than the normal blizzard build

you do see steel casting blizzard right? fo alone is not faster than blizzard in the areas i mentioned. especially with your +6 skills. but ok, keep living in your dream world.

2 Likes

When did i ever say FO alone? I was talking about FO build with Blizzard all the time. Maybe try to read? FO still kills most minions/rares/uniques in oneshot and the damage is literally connecting more consistent than blizzard. Blizzard is for high HP Monsters/Bosses. The clear of “FO BUILD” is better than “BLIZZARD BUILD” in P1 that was the hole argument. You implied it’s bad when its clearly not

op said fo is anihilating everything. and then you said fo is viable with +6 to after i say for orb sorc you need alot of gear. so keep your blizzard to yourself, bcs the comments were about orb, not orb+blizz

ofc orb with +6 is worse than blizz, even in p1.

2 Likes

Because you are still wrong. FO is killing EVERYTHING fast on P1. Blizzard sometimes doesn’t even hit all targets. Even spamming 3 Orbs is faster than waiting for Blizzard to hit every monster. The AoE is much larger so clearing an area requires you to press less spells than Blizzard.
Orb doesn’t scale well that’s why its strong in bad gear. Blizzard has alot of synergy and get’s a lot of % damage from other spells that’s why blizzard gets much stronger with better gear and high + spells.

And blizzard without Ice+Blast or Glacial Spikes would be trash aswell. So yeah you have to use multiple skills to make a build viable. Only because OP didn’t mention that he is using other spells besides FO doesn’t mean he is only spamming FO.

fo is not killing everything fast on p1 with just +6. that is just a lie. and i use fo every ladder i play for the last 20 years. i play fo right now. i am killing everything fast, bcs i have the proper gear now. pure blizz sorc with low gear will always be faster than pure orb. you will not make a ~1min cs run with +6 fo sorc

this is just completely wrong. orb in bad gear is shit. blizz in bad gear is still op (bcs of the syn).

thats what he said and that is what i based my comment on. if you only use fo, you need alot of gear to anihilate everything.

2 Likes

Watch Steelmage VoD there you have proof. The Global Cooldown Interaction between FO and Blizzard was removed recently so your experience is worth nothing. And neither will you do a 1min cs run with Blizzard only with +6 skills … holy crap

Do you know what SCALING means? Of course Blizzard does more damage than FO, but if it doesn’t hit it deals exactly 0 Damage. That’s the only advantage of FO it connects much better. The difference between a 26 Orb and a 33 Orb isn’t even double the damage. Here are the correct numbers: 26 Orb with + 20 in Ice Bolt: 495-502 dmg and 33 FO: 666-673 dmg

He never said only FO he said he is using FO like most people who play any FO build.
If you say you play blizzard you also use Ice Blast to kill bosses faster don’t you?

why dont you understand that i am talking about fo (like op said), and not fo + something else? idc about steelmage vod, because he is using blizzard+fo.

but i see it makes no sense talking to you.

ofc that is possible with low gear blizz

I did the math for you. Do you truly think 34% increased damaged will change FO from being useless to OP? Because you didn’t list a single argument and backed it up with actual facts. FO scales bad it doesn’t change much if you have gear or no gear at all. Even if the damage difference where 100% it would only take a 2nd orb to deal the same damage. And for a 100% difference you would need +50 FO which is not possible.

And no you can’t read OP’s mind sorry. He never said ONLY FO. You have a weird picture in your mind and strictly think about that.

Nobody plays only fo it makes zero sense to not add damage on top. As it makes zero sense to only use blizzard without another spell inbetween the Global Cooldown. If you where only using fo you would be dumb or inexperienced.

your 26 orb does 500 dmg. my current orb does 970dmg. with my final gear it will probably do ~1400 dmg. so yes, gear increases the fo dmg by alot.

my lvl 24 blizzard does 1400 dmg. i can do ~1min seal pops with that. i couldnt do 1 min seal pops with +6 fo.

mate, he said orb sorc. for me orb sorc is orb + es.

my orb sorc is only using orb and static for dmg. i 2shot diablo. why would i need another dmg skill? and you thinking you can only increase dmg with +skills to fo tells me, that i no longer need to argue with you. so ciaO~ :E

Not 100% isn’t it? So casting 4 orbs to kill diablo is a complete desaster for you? Not viable not playble? If you 2 shot Diablo you probably oneshot rares. So 500 should be enough to atleast twoshot rares? Maybe try to test what hits faster 2 Orbs or blizzard then compare the AoE. How many target do you hit with Orb how many with Blizzard

Update your information and don’t expect everyone to use the same terminology.

Ciao you just outed yourself as being bad. Blizzard would literally increase your Boss DPS by atleast 2 times. And obviously you can increase the damage with %Cold Damage but that doesn’t change much does it? You are talking Ultra Endgame Gear i was talking about +33 Orb which is already Strong enough to oneshot Rares without %Colddamage at all.

Utter bullshit if your statements where correct the difference would be 1 more spell per Rare in worst case that’s all.