9/7/2020 log in error

I can’t log into my character- get the message only partyleader can log me into the game. I’m not in a party at all :upside_down_face:
2020-07-08T23:00:00Z

Have you received a chat silence penalty, from any Blizzard game recently?

If so, there’s currently a bug (outstanding since October 2019) whereby if you’re currently under a chat penalty, issued from any Blizzard game, you will be unable to create or join a Diablo III game until the penalty period expires. If you’ve received such a penalty you would have received an email to your registered address with a reason why, and how long the penalty is.

If that’s not the case, this can occasionally occur whilst not the result of a chat penalty. Clearing the fault can be as simple as on the hero selection screen, select another hero, then select your original hero again. Alternatively, closing and re-starting the client should fix it. I’ve also seen posts on the US forums where, on the hero selection screen, if you go into the cosmetics window and change which pet you have selected, this also resolves it.

No I haven’t as I don’t use chat much at all, only Clan chat now and then. Next time I will try change pet to see if that works. But I been able to play now for an hour.

Normally we don’t put our own experiences down, but I had this error logging into Season the other day. I simply changed to my non-seasonal character and back again and I was able to enter the game on my own.

Sorry for the bug that is causing this though.