Altar of Rites missing

the altar of rites is missing in non-seasonal play in todays’ patch…

Hi,

The Altar of Rites is the theme for Season 28; it will only appear during season.

From Season 28 blog:

Season 28 introduces Rites of Sanctuary, our new seasonal theme. Using the ancient Altar of Rites, curious Nephalem can follow the instructions, sacrificing various materials for unspeakable power that lasts the entire season.

Best of luck in your games !

2 Likes

…which doesn’t start until 17:00 CET on Friday.

2 Likes

Yes, but the new heading on the blizzard app is experiment with the altar of rites now and there was an updated patch today giving the ashes in recipe 11 at kunais and all gear has upgraded to season 28 too.

The Altar of Rites is exclusive to season 28.

Sets/items/skills changes and the 11th recipe (Cube) are available, right now, on non-season.

1 Like

This ?

If you click on Learn More , you get this:

which clearly shows when the Season starts.

Bad “communication” perhaps… but… this is Blizzard after all.

Those are changes brought by the 2.7.5 patch… and are now part of the game.
The Season theme is separate… and will only be available during the Season.

Yes. Why did they say experiment with the Altar of Rites now if only available in Season?

1 Like

Because there is no patch between this patch and the start of the season (except an emergency patch).

So players tested the season theme (and other changes) during the PTR.

It’s like that since the launch of D3.

1 Like

It’s after the season has started - I have a seasonal char up to nearly Paragon100 already. Still no altar of rites for my non-season chars. Blizzard said the altar effects were to be “account wide” so that means they should be there for non-seasonal. Why do I still not have the altar on Sunday 26 February 2023?.

… and there won’t be. The Altar of Rites is the seasonal theme for season 28. It only shows up in Season.

Good try… but nope :slight_smile: It only means that, similarly to your stash and the Cube of Kanai, the seals enabled on the Altar will apply to all your seasonal heroes.

1 Like

Just to clarify - with HC and SC being separate Altars (just as the Cube etc).

1 Like

This is the lamest thing ive seen for d3… quit playing d4 just because its so infuriating with its itemization and scaling… Its ridiculous that i can be level 50+50 levels of paragon, and go up to an elite and have a lvl 14 character doing MORE damage to the elite than i am… thats so ridiculous for an MMO in my opinion…

But with this, i think d3 itemization is way better than d4, but still falls way short of d2… which i felt like made items so special. when your first SOJ droped you felt like you just found ancient aztec gold with a MD…

But the fact that this Altar of rites feature is ONLY CURRENT SEASON applicable… But you want hard frought items from me to sacrifice to this thing, thats only going to get wiped away at the end of the season, l;eaving me with some silly wings and a pet… i mean the type of shyt your suppose to sacrifice to this thing, for TEMPORARY PERKS, For seasonal chars that will also expire basically… F that… im good…