Battle.net app update

for several months on opening the log in app, it displays an update every time, and then around 30 seconds installing it to say it is playable.
Is this normal or do i need to update something?

Hi,

What gets updated ? a game ? the Battle.Net Desktop App ? it might be useful if you could link a screenshot of the update notification in your reply.

You might have some corrupted data in your Battle.Net cache; have you tried to delete it ?

It could be a file permission problem; have you tried to run the Battle.Net app as an Administrator ?
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/24075

1 Like

It is the Battle.Net desktop app auto-updating every time i log in

Update. I deleted the Battle.net cache and also followed the Administrator mode instructions, and it’s still updating …

Hi,

I believe that your screenshot shows that it’s Diablo III that is trying to update, not the Battle.Net App.

Have you tried to repair Diablo III ? You may have to wait until after the “update” is finished. Click on the cog wheel to the right of the Play button and select “Scan and Repair” to start the process.

1 Like

Solved. Thankyou. … Seems odd a scan and repair would work, as I uninstallled and re-installed D3 last week that didn’t solve the problem

2 Likes

I’m glad the “scan and repair” worked… and that the issue is fixed.

Best of luck in your games !

1 Like

Some good sleuth-work here in discovering the true root cause. Well done folks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes