Bought d3 eternal coll but got d3 ros

hi iv’e just bought diablo 3 eternal collection but ended up with
reaper of souls on my harddrive.
i dont own diablo 3 from battlenet on the same account.
do i need to update the game like on xbox one,or what have gone
wrong.and i could see that i paid for the d3 eternel collection.

Hi :

Can you create a necro ? If you can, you have eternal collection.

Bought from where ? The Blizzard Shop ? if so, you should be contacting Blizzard Purchasing here: Blizzard Support - Contact Support

Hi, SilentStorm! o/

The Eternal Collection is a pack that includes Diablo III, Reaper of Souls and the Rise of the Necromancer pack. When you purchase it, your account won’t say “Eternal Collection”, but “Reaper of Souls”, since that’s the latest expansion of the game, and as Boubou says, you’ll simply be able to create Necromancers in the game too.

I’ve verified that everything is correct in your account, and you have access to all this content in Diablo III from this account :slight_smile:

Hi. I too just bought the big collection for 40 Euros and it just says “Reaper of Souls” when I start the game. I can chose a Necromancer, so that aspect is all fine and good, but I am wondering now whether I can play the original D3 campaign. I’m not just worried because of the name, but because when I started the game, I got that into cinematic of that angel of death stealing the stone with Diablo’s essence in it. Shouldn’t I have seen that cinematic with the meteor crashing into the church? Pretty sure I saw that one when watching Let’s Play videos of D3 years ago.
I obviously don’t want to skip over the original game to go to the DLC right away.

Hello TrangleC,

Sort of… :slight_smile:

The original Diablo III campaign was only 4 acts; because you bought Reaper of Souls, you now have access to the fifth act as well. So if you play only Acts 1 to 4, that will be the same as playing the original Diablo III. The Crusader and Necromancer weren’t available in the original Diablo III… so you may want to select another hero class (but you don’t have to… it is merely a suggestion).

The maximum character level in the original Diablo III was level 60… with Reaper of Souls, that is now level 70. There is no way for you to now go back to a max level 60 character… short from purchasing only Diablo III base on a separate BattleNet account. Not sure why anyone would want to do that, but… yes, it’s doable.

I suspect you are getting the Malthael movie because you got the Eternal Collection and are playing a necromancer. Perhaps if you create a new hero of a different class and start a new game…

You can also go back to movies you have already “seen”… From the main menu (the menu you get when you launch Diablo III), click ESC and CINEMATICS. That will give you the list of cinematics available… I suspect the list will be quite short, see if it contains “The First Sign”… I think that’s the movie you are referring to. Click the box and click on PLAY to play it.

If you have other questions on this topic… I would suggest you post on the General Discussion forum. The Technical Support forum is for Diablo III installation/patching/connection issues and for crashes.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer.
When I started the actual game, it started with that old cut scene and the arrival at New Tristram, so my fears were unfounded.

1 Like