Crashed playing d3

i was just looking at the char so i wood be ready for the new sesson .But when when i was in towen to check what i had in the cube, teh screan flashed then i got “173CB988-3116-4526-BE06-1446A95FE4B9” error code what does it mean?

just a generic error code, no real reason for these usually, happens to us all sadly quite frequently, is why playing hardcore is demoralizing when most of your deaths are do to server failures and others reasons outside your control

That’s a crash report ID. When you send the report to Blizzard, it lets them look up the details of the crash in their database if you reference it in a support ticket.

Hey, figured I’d chip in and say this has happened twice to me aswell, and as pointed out, I’m quite fearful for pushing my HC char too far now because i never know when I’ll get get a random CTD with some long error code.

If any Blizzard employees reads this, for reference my last code was this; D4A29790-24D6-4A1A-9FC7-772EE36E308F

@jbgaming if this is a frequent problem, do you know if Blizz made any announcements regardings working on a fix?

You are lucky to get an error message. I had it only today 3times that D3 crashed. It just stopped. Windows said that the process does not respond anymore. First time I looked on an achievement of another person. Second time… … No idea why. Third time it said, the (g)rift boss has found you. Luckily, my char was not killed. But a GRift-Key was lost :frowning:

Blizz: What is wrong with this Patch??? It is more unstable than ever :o