D3 quit unexpectedly

When I launch Diablo 3, the game logo appears on the screen, then the screen turns white, and after a second the game quits unexpectedly and gives me the report id:14A7FB63-9576-4143-A14B-828336E8D7C4.
I’ve tried reinstalling the game, repairing game files, replacing the fmodex64 file, and using the 32-bit client. I’d really appreciate any help resolving the issue.

Kind regards.

Hi,

A shot in the dark since you gave no details on your computer… are you using a Razer mouse and/or keyboard ? if so, you will want to disable Chroma effects and see if that helps.

• Exit completely from Diablo III,
  • Open the D3Prefs.txt file in your Documents\Diablo III folder with a textfile editor such as Notepad,
  • Find the line with DisableChromaEffects and modify it so it now says: DisableChromaEffects "1"
  • Save the file and attempt to launch Diablo III.
1 Like

I looked at the uploaded crash report, and I think Boubou may be roughly on the right track here. While I cannot confirm this is being specifically caused by Razer Chroma (I at least couldn’t see any indication of the software being present in the report) the crash per se almost certainly stems from interference by another program.

From the log a possible “culprit” here may be the Nahimic overlay - it is known to trigger problems just like this in a few games, so I’d recommend uninstalling the related software for a test. With any luck that’ll get things back on track. :slight_smile:

1 Like