Enable Gamma at Windowed (Full Screen) mode

Hi!

Can you enable (at least) Gamma setting at Full Screen (Windowed) mode in Diablo3 as it is working in WoW?
Diablo is too dark to use the normal Desktop settings. If I set Windows Desktop to look at least some part of the map in Diablo3 then Desktop is too Washed out.

In True Fullscreen all the alt-Tab swithcing takes way too long, not speaking about mouse Vanished…

Thank you,
Kobor

Hey Kobor,

Gamma in windowed applications is tied to the Windows Gamma setting itself, so not possible to change while in windowed mode I’m afraid. If you’re on Windows 10 you could look in to using multiple desktops, one for gaming and one for everything else at different gamma settings (using windows key + tab to create a new desktop), otherwise using full screen mode for now would be recommended.

1 Like

But IT IS in WOW!!! So it is very possible in technically, just need to implement (enable) it in Diablo3 too.
Why the same company can not set it to Diablo3, too?
I can not imagine it would be a mess to do it…

Hi Kobor! o/

That is indeed interesting. I was under the impression, just as Stinobrom, that it was not possible to change the gamma settings in a windowed application. But you are completely right, the option appears in WoW, and it seems to work as one would expect.

Now, I can’t say how hard or easy it would be to do this, as I’m no developer, but I encourage you to post your suggestion in the general forum, since the developers don’t usually check the Technical Support forums (these are meant for when you need help from us to resolve a problem when playing the game).

Thank you guys!

Going to post there, thought I need to post here for technical things, my bad.

1 Like

Thanks for doing this! :hugs:
It is a great suggestion so we do appreciate you taking the time to suggest to the developers that this option gets implemented! :slight_smile: