Error 1016 - Season 22

Started as of 11/20 (right before season started).

Reset my router, cleared and reset my IP, unchecked IPV6, Uninstalled and reinstalled battle.net, uninstalled and reinstalled D3, etc etc. Did every single thing that blizzard says to try, tried youtube videos, etc. Apparently wow servers and D3 servers went down last night during all this too. I can log into steam games, world of warcraft, heroes of the storm, overwatch, etc. all just fine with no internet connection issues but only D3 is giving me the Error 1016 disconnect. My sister is having the same problem on the same internet but I have done everything on my end to fix it. It isn’t just me who is having the problem apparently either.

So do we just wait until blizzard fixes their servers? Or what else can I do? Because I sat here troubleshooting for about 6 hours last night trying to play the season and then woke up at 4am this morning and had no issues until about 8am and now I can’t stay connected at all while other friends are able too.

To specify, this is on the NA Server and just noticed I was still on the EU forum but I even tried joining EU last night just to see if it was the same error and I was getting it there too.

1 Like

Same here, just lost 1 full day trying to solve the problem. I just decided to uninstall and play something else. Maybe ill come back later in the season when everyone is Paragon 2000 and nobody whats to play with me in a party because I’m Paragon 120…

Having the exact same issues, however slightly different. I can connect to the European or Asian servers without issue. I can load right up, make a character and play with zero issues. However, getting to the main menu on NA is a complete and total gamble. I have been able to make it to 70 thankfully, but I get to complete maybe a rift or two and then the game crashes. It seems like every time I complete a GR the game crashes and I don’t get any of my loot. This is very frustrating because I have tried every single option they offer, and have even been on the phone with my ISP. I am the only one I know of that is having this issue. All of my friends are happily playing and I get to play other games while I wait for Blizzard to get their servers right…

Same here 1016 error (EU Region)

• Synapse turned off.
  • ipv6 turned off.
  • relased and renewed dns
  • Turned off windows defender
  • Reseted router
  • Quited All communites.

Even if i get the error 1016 i see the game didnt freeze and everything works untill i got force kick to login page.

Still no fix for problem. Blizzard just dont know what happening to their game and try to force blame our ISP. Support tell me how it is i dont have problem with anything (other games / stream watching / any other internet acctivity) but cant keep connection to your trash Servers more than 5-10 mins ? If they will not fix this i not going to support this company anymore.

Same here. Kicked out to login screen many times today. Unplayable. No problem with any other game/service, just D3. Error 1016 every few minutes. Just terrible.

So good more people are making posts about this.

We get blamed that our ISP is the problem, but in fact it is not. I have also done every single troubleshooting things Blizzard announced + others from the internet.
Every game i play is an online game… some more internet dependent than others like CSGO where i have no issues what so ever.

I have noticed that the GUI seems to be crashing with this "1016 disconnect "error because everything in the background works perfectly, i can see my latency when it goes to yellow and back to Green… i can see whispers(battle net app closed) i even receive my bounty cache’s when they done with the bounty. i can also gain XP when in a GR and my party runs the GR. Everything still works 100% even after this stupid 1016 popup, But cannot do anything because of this.

Certain times of the day it works flawlessly… but at night when blizzards is peaking…it is dreadful.
I also see this mostly happens for me when viewing the Leaderboards, or joining a party or if someone joins my party…

This is indeed on Blizzards side, but the denial is strong indeed Ashwell :smiley:

The reason why I thought it might be ISP engineering neglect due to various lockdowns is that a lot of people in European D3 servers are having zero problems with connecting and staying connected. Others are not - so that suggests it might be localised ISP issues - though honestly I don’t know eitherway. It would be good if a Blizzard D3 team member could at least comment about it

Same for me, I have spent several hours trying to fix this s***ty issue. I have played about an hour without the cursed “1016”. I have tried to play for the last half an hour and got disconnected cca 10 times, several times I was not even able to get to the game only to menu. Please fix this as this is getting riddiculous…