Error code 316614 [09/06]

I get this weird thing happening with my game. Throughout the years game worked fine. I never had any issues, whatsoever. All of a sudden, things had gone awry in seconds. I am guessing, when you never had any issue (in 10 years) you get a nuke right onto your account!? I took a picture, since I do not know how to explain the issue, I’ll try…

First, the game started forgetting that I had paid for it? Making me a starter account player. I couldn’t join a game, request an invite, and when someone miraculously succeed in inviting me, they couldn’t start a game, since they saw me as a level 0 character. Even in a party of 4, I had to leave, so they could continue with their game?

Then even weirder things started to happen. I made a new Hardcore character, selecting a new game, then I get the starter window, without a toon picture. The small portrait frame is also empty, showing a cerulean blue color inside. The name of my character was invisible, since it was cover with something which looks like a five year old scolded over it with a pink felt pen! That really made it weird. (Got a screen pic of that)

When I opened the Collection, under wings, things got even more crazier. It’s hard to explain what I saw… Empty small windows, with the little bars showing “pay” and “Rent PH”?, some weird coloring, some black dots inside the owned windows, with some gray lines over it… I thought that I earned some nasty virus, malware, spyware etc… But, upon Avast (Premium registered yearly) scan, the machine was completely clean?

I tried a vast of different approaches to the problem. Clean, restart, release/renew/flush DNS, restart the modem, restart the IP connection, flush IP4/6, even reinstalled whole network again, nothing has happened.

The reason I am posting this (Since I have already contacted CS with my problem) is that I wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem? And error code 316614, since when I googled it, I found less than 10 sites with that specific error. Also, when I restart the game (since I already finish the season) deleting the new toon, the old characters are accessible and working fine, this strange occurrence is only visible with the new toons I make?

Thanks to anyone who can explain or maybe share some similar issues.

If you have screenshots, upload them to a site like imgur and then provide links to them as follows…

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… http://www.ThisIsAnExample.com/HowToMakeLinks.htm

Once you’ve done that, I can embed them in the thread for you.

My characters are disappearing when I log on them. They go to zero and I get the error code 316614 when i try to log into a game with it at zero. When I go to my list of characters they are there except the one that went to zero and when I try another character that one goes to zero as well and disappears. Making a new character is possible but when I try to play with the new one it disappears as well.
Logging out doesnt help. This only occurs on the europe server and my characters on amrica are not having any issue.
Does anyone know what is going on here?

got the same problem, tried rebooting but no changes

Same issue. Just decided to try playing again after 1+ years.

Seems you guys are not alone. It’s been detailed in the US Technical Support forum with lots of screenshots showing the issue, and is awaiting a Blizzard response…

Seems like it might be possibly tied to the Battlenet update that started 8th June (which amalgamated Friends List to be global) but we’ll wait and see what the blues have to say.

Judging by screenshots and description that’s 100% what’s happening, thanks.
When I had this issue I couldn’t find anything relatable, should’ve searched again :slight_smile:

PS: What a perfect timing to get back into D3 :smile:

Hi there,

Thanks for the reports everyone!

We’re aware of an issue that occurred around the time of this thread, though since resolved. I’ll close this thread here to prevent confusion with future issues.

Apologies for the disruption!

So I was playing fine with a friend this morning, however now for some reason I am showing up as ‘0 unknown’ and they are unable to invite me, for some reason It says ‘Cannot invite a player with a starter edition’ Even though I own the game and all the DLC’s and have done for years. I can invite them, but I show as ‘0’ for them and am unable to actually start the game from the lobby.

I have tried checking game files - All was fine. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game - Still happening. Tried to send a ticket via blizzard, and having no luck with actually sending anything, it keeps sending me in an automatic troubleshooting route. I’m lost with what to do now D: