Game freezes Randomly since season 22 patch

Same thing is happening to me in GRifts ever since season 22 happened. Never happened before. Im using an asus rog g712 rtx 2070. its ridiculous blizzard hasnt addressed it

Same thing here, and it is worse for me, I get freeze and the game just hangs and prevents me to do anything on the computer, only solution is restarting or closing the session.

Ditto, definitely not a Hardcore season for me (Not that I play that much HC)
It’s the only sad part that is stopping me from fully enjoying season 22
Sometimes it’s 4 times it freezes per rift, other rifts no freeze

hi, Rob told me that you could turn off sounds in the game. if it will not work, try to turn off sound completely and then test few hours in GRs with density and mainly with pylon clones. than he said you could. please let me know, i need for my friend

Same here
(my sound is always turn off)

Same thing, explained it here:

Same here. Happens almost every rift, sometimes twice per rift. If I hit several keys while the freeze lasts, the program will become unresponsive.
Tried with and without sound, with and without Spotify in the background, in full screen mode and windowed mode, nothing helps.

I’ve had the same issues and the only fix I’ve found so far is to replace the fmodex64.dll file - which is a sound codec file found in “…\Diablo III\x64” folder.
I replaced it with this file [filesharing. com/file/details/908898/fmodex64.dll]
Unfortunately it removes all sound from the game. But since I play hardcore mostly - stability > sound. I’ve tested this yesterday for several hours and had no lags at all.

Can someone confirm that this is a fix?

Yo,
same problem for me here but only in normal rift and grater, never in bounties or shiet like that.
my config : RTX 2060 / I7 7700k / 16g ram
Did you guys use razer stuff ? (Got my keyboard) and ppl talk about problems like freeze with razer stuff (razer Synapse)

Blizzard wtf is going on?

Been having this issue for the last couple of seasons now. It’s pretty poor showing that blizzard clearly isn’t interested because D3 doesn’t bring in a monthly revenue. It started from when windows did an update (unsure which exactly) but I get frequent 10 second freezes, then 80% of the time I’m dead when/if it unfreezes. Been getting total crashes today (Dec 1st). This game is becoming virtually unplayable like this.

I try to do a ticket from the support but, ofc no one answer xD
They have some problems with the next gen… (Btw I try to play without razer synapse nothing happen always freezing, I try with an another keyboard, nothing change…)

Blizzard Will not take any action to help you guys out, it has been problem on s21 also. And even before that. In Main thread for freeze they stopped responding = they dont care about their costumers and probably not even their paychecks in future.

If you google official Main thread freeze issue - you Will find a big thread about the problem with all with same problem try different stuff to get it work.
I Made it really simple, i dont care about the sound. So i did find in the thread to copy paste in another fmodex64.dll in the x64 folder.
You open battlenet, make Setting Exit battlenet app when start a game. When you still have battlenet app open, you copy paste that fmodex64.dll file in to x64 map then open diablo, battlenet exit and Diablo starts. Working but without sound.
Remember you need to do it Everytime you restart the game, othwise the app repair the fmodex file.

Good luck in the future cause blizzard wont give you the luck enjoy a game.

Same here, 5 of those freezes in a rift literally = unplayable. I’ve got a ticket open with them, and they’re asking me to check all sorts of shit that’s completely unrelated. My hardware is fine ffs, just take some responsibility :frowning:

I got the same problem, 5-8 second freezes randomly, throughout almost every rift i play. Wish they would make this game playable again, the season seems to be a fun one. We just cant enjoy it. The freezes started on the day Season 22 started

I had the same problems and i finally fixed it by lowering diablo 3 sounds in windows to 0, u dont have to mute it just lower it in windows by altabing game and openining volume mixer

Ok I try but didn’t fix it for me I dream they fix this …

Same for me for the last two seasons. And I am a hardcore player… By the way, I found out when freeze happens, if you press esc to pause, you will barely survive, with procs popped, of course.

i7 9700K
32 gb
rtx 2060S

Yep can confirm same thing happens here - never had any freezing issues prior to this season.

I’m done with this game until it’s been addressed and fixed, absolutely ridiculous.

RTX 2080
16gb
i7 8700k