Game won't start!

This application has encountered an unexpected error!
ID CCB7815F-9476-4272-90C5-9F6DC2C42251

Now its 094D5141-3ED6-4C5D-B554-192D11DCD093

I cant open the game, Battle.net app is fine, when i click play game it seems like it loads, diablo logo, then white screen which is normal when i start diablo, but after that it wont start and just returns to battle.net app and the play button is blue again! help please, its taking all day now!

It has always worked fine and did not change anything on my laptop. i woke up to play some diablo and then this problem popped … please help

had the same problem, but the nerds wont answer us

seems i have the same problem.

did you solve yours?

I still have same problem. Tried everything suggested even reinstalled but still it will not start.

Hi,

This topic is 1½ years old… it would have been preferable to create a new topic.

The original poster said: “when i click play game it seems like it loads, diablo logo, then white screen which is normal when i start diablo, but after that it wont start and just returns to battle.net app and the play button is blue again”

Is this what you are seeing ?

Do you have a Razer mouse or keyboard ? If you do, try try disabling the Chroma effects in the D3Prefs.txt file :

1. Go to the Documents folder.
  2. Select the Diablo III folder.
  3. Open the D3prefs.txt file using Notepad.
  4. Add or Edit the DisableChromaEffects line. The value should be 1, like so:
    DisableChromaEffects "1"
  5. Save the file.

Try launching Diablo III again.

2 Likes

BouBou is spot on here and the steps should help if this is indeed razer related.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please create a new thread including dxdiag uploaded to Pastbin.com so that we can help you out further.

As this thread is old, I’ll be closing it out.