Gibbering Gemstone

Blizzard the drop rate on this is an absolute joke, i have wasted hours of my time attempting to farm this stupid thing to complete my alter. How is a normal person expected to get this…

fix the drop rate… what a joke

edit coming up to 3 and a half hours now on non start farming the cave. my freinds did this in under 20 minutes and went from 6 levels behind me in the alter to now completing it.

Another Update still running this… invited 2 more freinds in and they got the drop on 2nd kill. HOW can i not have this when ive killed this stupid name over 200 times

9 Likes

good luck trying to farm it now cant start a game servers are busy probably cuz everyone trying to farm it , i spent 4 hours farming it too last night now i cant even get a game going

3 Likes

I won the gibbering gemstone years ago and have the staff of herding. There seems very little reward from whimsyshire, unless of course, something has been added recently? I don’t know as I haven’t been reading the patch notes or news about it.

Season 28’s theme, the Altar, requires you to make sacrifices to it. One of the later nodes on the Altar requires you sacrifice a Staff of Herding. This means people have to find the recipe (from Izual) and the various ingredients, with the Gibbering Gemstone being the hardest to get, due to 50% of the time, the map has the wrong dungeon, when you get the right dungeon Chilltara might not spawn there and, if she spawns, she has a really, really low drop rate for the gem.

2 Likes

Don’t forget you have to wait 10 minutes in queue every time you start a new run

when there are queues just farm in campaign doesn’t take long to get to act3 and just start the farm once you’ve unlocked the zone no queue in campaign

If the odds are the same in season as in non season it took me hundreds of attempts even with the right map.

1 Like

been at it for like 6 hours straight too… no drop… it is kinda irritating yes

2 Likes

I got it after 42 games. Sunday I had 10 runs and yesterday 32. Those yesterday were on T7 and T8 (even though the difficulty shouldn’t matter). Best of luck to all.

Blizzard Devs are literally D- students that got their jobs because of ppl they know. Garbage idea for this item.

1 Like

I did 110 try but no one drop…

1 Like

You are surely luckier than me. I killed Chiltara 150 times exactly. My statistics were: once every 2 games cave of frost appeared. Once every 3 caves of frost Chiltara appeared. And after 150 times I finally saw this cursed thing. I tried to do some of my runs with other players after a full clear of bounty. Still i think there are people that are struggling more than me.

2 Likes

Just patch it already. 100% drop rate could still mean a dozen tries before the cave and Chilly Cat even spawns.

…btw Liquid Rainbow & the Recipe also sucks. Sure, Izual’s always there - He just won’t drop the damn thing.

Is this trouble really worth unlocking the last 2 buffs? I’d rather just run some more GRs in that time.

2 Likes

ok so here are my stats which is now why im resorting to the forums in hopes that blizzard actually reads this stuff. today is now monday morning my time. friday i spent around 8 hours on the farm. took 2 hours just to get the pieces from act one. another 2 hours ( 50ish kills) on izual to get the pattern then i spent 4 hours just working on the cave in act three. saturday i farmed from around 2 pm till 10pm slept till around 330 am then back at it till 1230 pm on sunday then crashed. woke up at around 430 its is now 230 am on monday morning and i spent maybe 2.5 hours rifting. so thats a grand total of around 28 hours on just one item and being a FOH sader with the pony set i can haul ass ive probably downed her at least 800 times within this time frame yet my stave is not completed yet i need this for my seasonal altar. im not upset im pissed off come on blizz nothing should take in excess of 30 hours to farm my guys. I love yall i love the company and i love the games but come on blizzard do something to end this pain

long story short since my other post is already gone im upset over 30 hours of farming a cave over 800 kills no mat come on blizzard this is painful

Your other post isn’t gone, it’s on the US forums…

Last couple of day’s I spent hunting Chiltara for the gemstone. 257 times exactly. Only 97 times the right cave was there and in just 48 attempts Chiltara showed up. But still no gemstone. I’m giving up. Not funny anymore

I’ve usually been lucky with the gibbering gemstone, but s28 was not nice to me.

On my personal notes, I found that the cavern of frost appeared in 1:5 (i.e. icefall caverns appeared ~5 times for every single cavern of frost appearance). I find that Chilltara spawned 1:3 (every 3rd cavern of frost). Probably close to 200 odd runs before it dropped. That’s the worst it has ever been for me.

I have to laugh at some of you though - this is a loot grind game. Given this topic was posted a bunch of days ago, very shortly after season start, why did you need to complete the altar so quickly? You have the entire 3-4 month season period to do so. It’s not like the season last 2 or 3 days and you’re pushing the proverbial uphill to try and complete it and get all of the rewards before it ends…

People accuse me of whining about the game, but some of you in this thread really do take the cake.

lol only 3 and a half hours is a joke complain when you spend over 36 hours

This is why i m not doing this season, although I rarely bother over seasons. I don’t want my mind to get into an endless - well, near endless - cycle of repetitive bad luck. and dice rolls