Girlfriend complained about the difficulty on d3

Hello,

Just thought I’d say my girlfriend rarely ever plays video games but I got her into Diablo 3. My first time playing through the campaign with her she was complaining the difficulty was way too easy. We literally just walked through Malthael on Expert Difficulty. I wanted to turn the difficulty up but wasn’t able. This is coming from someone that has maybe played 5 video games in her entire life.

I just hope in Diablo 4 the campaign is actually difficult for people that want a challenge on their first playthrough because it really deters from the experience. Thanks

2 Likes

D3 honestly is way too easy… I was playing D1 last night and the difference is huge. Power creep really killed D3 and paragon levels honestly make endgame unfun. I really hope they have proper difficulty and endgame content in D4.

2 Likes

This is one of the weirdest things about this game. I finally bought it about a year ago and was surprised by how easy it was. I then manually switched to a higher difficulty, and then to the highest available, and it still was a lot easier than anything I have ever played. When I faced Diablo, I literally never had the chance to do anything to him; my crowd just stampeded him in several seconds. And that was on highest difficulty available. At the same time, I clearly remember watching a video from about the second day after release with a Barbarian player fighting Diablo for half an hour, almost dying several times during the fight. Something obviously went terribly wrong somewhere around like 2015.

Yeah I played D3 day one with a bunch of friends and I remember we had a hard time against bosses (the Smith was an absolute b*tch.) Now we’re able to run through the whole game like a breeze. Might have been a consequence of the casualisation of games in the early 2010’s ?

Well, the fact is vanilla was much harder in D3. Now after loot 2.0 you get mostly what you need, that’s why it’s so easy. Hard isn’t hard. I suggest setting it to Expert, then at 60 or 61, Im not sure set it to Master. Besides everyone who plays this game know this and it deosn’t matter. That isn’t the game, running GR’s that’s actually a challenge is.
I suggest OP start with a seasonal character as soon as S19 begins and start running Rifts and GR’s.
The campaign is only a simple tutorial.
If you want, after the campaign you should crank up the difficulty so that you get one shotted by minions, that’ll make it a little challenging. Altough, that’s pointless as you want to set the difficulty to somewhere you run rift’s in less than 3 min, to be effective.
There are a lot of guides out there on how to progress, and this question has been answered a dozen times before.

you cant increase difficulty while in the game, only from menu … if its easy, increase it … its just that simple

1 Like

Increase difficulty from lobby.

I disagree though, GR’s aren’t challenging at all. Artificial difficulty with increased numbers does not make it more challenging, it’s just a very long grind.

1 Like

When it comes exploring the open world, i belive there will be zone levels. Since Scosglen is the starting zone, mobs die easier BUT they really need to put some challanges. For dungerons, they might put Normal, nightmare, hell and chaos for endgame. Rember that this is an open world Action RPG + MMO and they cannot force torrent difficulty levels in open world zones since every one slaying mobs all the place.

I guess you should tell the devs how to make a game challenging, as you seem to have the know-how. It’s just petty whine tbh.

Well, you can still play on hardcore if you want an extra challenge…

Kids nowadays can’t play games, it’s too hard for them. People have no clue how to play games anymore. If it’s too hard, go play Super Mario or other arcade games.

I remember Diablo 1, monsters did a great damage to you and it was pretty hard if you haven’t got good equipment. But the difficulty was perfect, also in Diablo 2 but I wish it was a bit harder. A game shouldn’t be that easy to play, it’s like Blizzard is downgrading games because whiners are whining about too hard games.

And???
What’s the point of playing easy games, easy games are easy and boring.
Some people will say I’m whining because I say it’s too easy. The point is?? I’m just saying what I think about Diablo 3.

First time I saw the announcement of Diablo 3 I was really exiting. Waited many years of excitement just to play D3. Played it many months… Now I don’t play it anymore because I does not get the good Diablo spirit as I did in D1 and D2.
And I played D2 for years everyday.

They messed up with difficulties…

It’s hard balancing game having 20difficulty settings! :slightly_smiling_face:

Main issue is we and monsters are doing billions and trillions and gazzilions in dmg.

I really hope they make D4 few difficulty settings and controlled dmg. As it is now, it takes 1ms and you are gone…

You do realise that prior to Reaper of Souls, we had 40 difficulties, i.e. Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno, all of which could be played at Monster Power 1 to 10.

1 Like

Still, it was never balanced…

You either got oneshot or had easy ride.
Just as it is now. So my point still stands.

You can never balance game with so many difficulty settings! :slightly_smiling_face:

“you either get oneshot or have an easy ride”
Is just not true if you take all difficulty levels into account from normal to T16 and GR 1 to 150.

Ok, so this is my experience.

While leveling, i go through Master. Once 70, T2 until 2set items.T7, T10 and finally T16. With full set clearing rifts in 3mins…
Which makes all other difficulties irrelevant. But mathematically harder to program/balance. Which was my point. Or atleast what i meant. :neutral_face:

But yeah, offcourse you can push harder with builds. Still, you can melt their faces and one damn licker can be instant death!
Atleast i wish they just make next Diablo
its damage be more REAL and within humanly possible to react and pop a health potion! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It’s just silly doing billions dps…! I don’t like D3 multiplier system at all, in the end.

D3’s difficulty is determined by the GR level you play vs your paragon. Doing 120 with 800 paragon is hard, doing it with 2000 paragon is not hard.

Regarding Super Mario games, they are pretty hard, I have only completed one of them (Super Mario Land 2, Gameboy). New Game +3 in Dark Souls stands out as easier for me.

Checks profile…
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/NeRO-2125/career
Yep, as suspected, no Hardcore heroes. Hardcore needs the increased granularity of the difficulty levels that Softcore heroes do not because if they stepped up immediately from T10 to T16, there’s no wiggle room for a mistake, whereas T11, T12, T13 and so on lets them progress more gradually.

1 Like

Change your girlfriend get a tough one.