GR 150 cleared but not recorded 04/08/2020

That’s excellent investigation / feedback.
It’s just a shame that it’s end-users that are doing this instead of Blizzard.

EDIT

Did some 2-man runs this morning…

Me on WW/Rend Barb, Other on Frenzy Barb, GR119, Not recorded

Me on Frenzy Barb, Other on Necro, GR122, Recorded

Me on Frenzy Barb, Other on Necro, GR123, Recorded

Me on Frenzy Barb, Other on Necro, GR124, Recorded

Me on Frenzy Barb, Other on Necro, GR125, Recorded

Neither of us were in a clan, so no clan chat stuff to cloud the issue. The only difference between the first run, which didn’t record, and the subsequent ones that did, was the heroes we were on. I guess it’s possible that when we went back to hero select, that might have changed which server we were hosted on when we went back in.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is adding value, and the details are “low quality level anecdotal” …based on on my unreliable memory.

When I first noticed that the personal bests were not being updated, ca. three weeks ago, I remember (?) non-recording vs recording of PB GR - within a game - when switching the loadout of my Hardcore Witch doctor ( Ost#2137 - character “Evee” ) between a LoD build and a Helltooth pet build. If I recall correctly - and again, apologies for vagueness, but my memory is botched - I could record new PB using LoD, but not record PB updates with the Helltooth loadout, and reproduce the non-recording switching back and forth between the builds.

I switched the saved builds using Armory. I play mostly solo, and the loadout-switching was definitely soloing. I switched to a third build, pushed and can no longer attempt to reproduce. With my current build I have had both non-recording and recording, between two different sessions on the same day, same loadout.

i can confirm 37.244.33.43.
saved a record for me

1 Like

confirmed, 37.244.33.140 saved record.
I logged in/out until i get one server described above

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed list. Great and useful information until a fix comes along. I can confirmed that testing the following IP range listed in forum the results of my PB records is registered or not registered as stated.

37.244.33.114 good (confirmed)
37.244.33.101 bad (confirmed)
37.244.32.153 good (confirmed)

These were not on the list but in the yellow upgrade test ,my loot appears in clan chat on these IP:

37.244.33.77 good
37.244.32.23 good
37.244.32.230 bad
37.244.32.249 good

1 Like

Yes every time you logout and you start new game, it will change server. So since both of you logged out to switch char and back in game you got another server

2 Likes

Confirmed… even if you don’t change hero, it will change server if you quit the game and start another one.

2 Likes

Not on the list…

37.244.33.32 - OK

That one was weird… The first time I beat my record, I got the notification and bloodshard increase, but not the personal record. The second time, I got it all… notification, bloodshard increase AND personal record. Don’t know… weird !

Playing season solo.

1 Like

37.244.33.141 - Doesn’t work.

1 Like

Are you guys going to fix the Leader boards or not??? Easy answer yes or no?? No use at this stage to even push solo, i stil would have had rank 1 with my sader clear and going for the 140 solo now but doesn’t help i do that before bug is fixed. And its tiresome to keep on waiting, so please just give a response so we know if seasons over or not.

1 Like

37.244.33.94 - OK  

2 Likes

37.244.32.229 - Doesn’t work :negative_squared_cross_mark:
37.244.32.35 - Doesn’t work :negative_squared_cross_mark:
37.244.33.172 - Doesn’t work :negative_squared_cross_mark:

2 Likes

I would say season in over there is not even much point in pushing now as half of the competition have just quit due to this nonsense and the season buff bollocks made group play a joke of who could exploit a buff more efficiently.

Maybe a silly question, but how exactly to check the server you are connected to (I already lost 2 personal records, and would like to try the looking for the right server thingy). Thank you!

A little portion of my tests:
37.244.32.66: OK (wasn’t in the list)
37.244.32.98: OK (confirmed)
37.244.33.16: NOT (wasn’t in the list)
37.244.33.111: NOT (wasn’t in the list)
37.244.33.122: OK (confirmed)
37.244.33.135: OK (wasn’t in the list)
37.244.33.149: NOT (confirmed)
37.244.33.158: OK (wasn’t in the list)
37.244.33.206: NOT (wasn’t in the list)
37.244.33.220: OK (confirmed)

1 Like

What I’ve found might just be a coincidence but i just was able to record my PBs twice, after not managing to do it for like 10 days.
When I start the game client the “retrieving hero list” part is, since the issue started, quite long like 10 seconds.
This time, it was almost instant, as it was before the server maintenance. So I tried to clear GRs and it worked on two characters. I did not look at the server’s IP though, so I might have just been lucky on these two games and got two good servers. But again, maybe it’s linked to the “retrieving hero list” part. Has anyone experienced a no register and a register without closing the game client in between?

Yes, as I mentioned earlier in the thread - link here - just exiting back to hero select and starting a new game (without exiting and restarting the client) is enough to cause a server selection to happen. (Of course, you could end up on a bad one again).

1 Like

You can even ignore hero select, leaving the old game and making a new one could be enough when the server happens to be one that saves.

For checking the IP of the server, you need a program to show you the TCP connections of your different programs, and then Diablo III.
For Windows, TCPView should do the work and is free.
For MacOS, PortsMonitor does the work, costs 6.99 but has a 30day trial. You could also do it via Netstat and the terminal but yeeeeah thats a bit of work :stuck_out_tongue:

The server 37.244.32.84 saved my run tonight, so I assume you can add it to your list :slight_smile:
Thanks !

2 Likes

Windows 10 → Start → Windows Administrative Tools → Resource Monitor

This will start you in the Overview tab of the Resource Monitor
In the Processes with Network Activity section, left-click the column title image to sort it alphabetically
Scroll down until you find Diablo III64.EXE and tick the box to its left
This will now put it to the top of the column
Now click the Network tab and you should see something like this…

Now, choose your hero and start a game. This will cause the client to select one of the available servers in the farm for your game to be hosted on. Once your hero is in-game, alt tab back to Resource Monitor and you’ll see an extra connection, like this…

Now, have a look in this thread for the list of servers and whether the IP address your game is hosted on is one of the known good, or known bad, servers. If it’s a known good server, your clearance should be recorded. If it’s a known bad server, leave the game and repeat the process until you get a known good server.

If you get a server that’s not in the list, and you’re willing to risk it, get a clearance and update the thread with whether that IP address was a working one or not.

5 Likes