High Latency Issues, Cannot Submit Support Ticket

Ever since the login issues of yesterday where resolved, I’ve been experiencing some extreme latency issues of 900ms or more. My normal latency numbers are usually 250-300ms.

Except this morning when I tried to submit a support ticket, I got this:
[potentially personal info removed by Blizzard]

All required files “Traceroute.txt”, “DXDIAG.txt”, “MSINFO.txt” where attached, including optional files “WinMtr.txt”, “Pathping.txt”, “Blizzard Looking Glass.txt”.

Clicking the “Submit” button just scrolls the web page to the top and shows the error.

Just in case the submit support issue itself cannot be fixed, here are ALL the relevant files I’ve attempted to provide Blizzard:
[potentially personal info removed by Blizzard]

Are you kidding me?

Hi Prometheus!

Checking your files, your connection is having severe issues on just your first hop. We’ve seen alot of connection issues caused by work-from-home measures. I’d recommend disabling your vpn/proxy and team-viewer as a first step.

Thanks Rejuvithorn, except I do not use a VPN or Proxy.

I disabled and stopped the Teamviewer service, but still my latency was around 600-700ms, even after restarting my computer.

I guess it’s a little better than before, and I stutter-stepped my way to completing all 4 Season 20 Chapters to earn my wings.

I report back in 24 hours if the issue is still so bad…

EDIT (2020-03-30, 07:15):
It would appear as though the problem is neither on Blizzards end nor on mine.

After a little digging, I discovered that on 9 March 2020 the WACS undersea cable suffered a break, and a switchover was made to the SAT-3 cable. Now, however, the SAT-3 cable has now also suffered a break on 27 March 2020.

This is quite likely the root cause of the slow internet access we’ve been experiencing here in South Africa. Just let’s hope they get it fixed soon…

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/internet/345363-slow-internet-in-south-africa-progress-on-wacs-and-sat-3-cable-breaks.html

This morning, it appears as though the problem has been resolved.

1 Like