High Ping, can't play

Dear Blizz, please fix your servers. Not possible to play especially in evenings.
https://i.imgur.com/6Q9hUEu.png

could you please contact

CIX Management GmbH
DE-CIX Management GmbH

that owns that 80.81.192-195. xx servers?

2 Likes

I´m having same issue for couple of days :frowning:

I did even contact that CIX Management (the owner of that laggy servers) but they told me I"m not their customer so they won’t even check the servers or start an issue ticket.

Absolutely brutal lag right now, unplayable.

I usually have a latency of 200-300ms, but for awhile now it’s been well over 400, and has at time reached as high as 1200ms!

Here is the root cause of my high latency problems:
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/internet/345363-slow-internet-in-south-africa-progress-on-wacs-and-sat-3-cable-breaks.html

Maybe it’s affecting you to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lofjY069g58

Hi there Gilavar,

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having. The best thing you can do at this point would be to report the problem to your own ISP directly so they can work with the relevant parties to address it as needed.

I hope you’ll see some improvements soon!

I did contact my ISP but what can they do? All the rest of the whole Internet is working great for me. The only problem is that 80.81.192/195.xx servers. As seen from the screenshot I provided above it is your dedicated server (they got ‘blizzard’ in their name) that YOU are hiring. So take trouble to contact that server provider and get them at least to check that server.
Why you even ask for WinMTR or DirectX logs or whatever stuff from us if the only reason of all the lags ever happening is our ISPs? If you see the packet loss at first hops you say ‘hey it is your ISP’. When there’s none of such you still say it is our ISP. Wtf? It is clearly seen from my screenshot that on my end the connection is good. No lost packets normal latency.

Hey, be nice!

The least you can do is acknowledge that Blizzard is trying to help. The internet is a complex beast with many points of possible failure, not all of which belong to Blizzard!

Im having the same problem, spiking up to 200/300 ms these last few days when it was fine a couple of weeks ago. I have a 100mb fiber connection and Diablo is the only thing thats lagging. Saw people in general chat talking about the same issue.

3 Likes

this morning everything was alright. now its LAG SPIKES like crazy.
not related to my ISP, everything else including other multiplayer games works fine. please try to check it on your end, its impossible to play like this.
thanks.

its lagging like crazy now . even solo games are impossible to play.

1 Like

It was so-so latency last two days but today it is unplayable again with 300ms+ ping in game. :frowning: Can you do something with your servers capacity Blizz?

I do not know what kind of connection you have, but I think you really need to be checking with your ISP if you think that 300ms latency makes the game unplayable.

All I have is a lousy 4mbit/s ADSL connection, and have always found the game to be beautifully playable with a latency of 250ms-350ms, and that is even with family streaming Netflix or DSTV Now on the TV.

It may be your ISP, or you could also check if another app on the system you are playing on is also taking up network connection bandwidth.

While it is true that I can have Netflix or DSTV Now being streamed from another device on my network at the same time as I’m playing Diablo III, if a local app (such as Firefox or Google Chrome) on my gaming PC is using up bandwidth for video streaming or other downloads, it is then that I begin to experience highly unplayable latency issues.

What I am saying is that even with a lousy 4mbit/s connection, my current Diablo III game sessions are right now without issues, so it is unlikely that Blizzard servers are at fault. Otherwise both of us, along with many others, would all be having high latency issues.

Same here, unplayable for 2 days now.

Same here, it is unplayable, like 3 seconds, you die without even noticing there is an enemy… if there was an offline mode…

Most players who have this high ping issues are players in US server. So far no one is the other servers are complaining.
I too face this issue when playing US server only. i tried Asia and EU server, they are smooth as hell man…
I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with my ISP as i can do anything that requires internet smoothly. That includes playing other games like Monster Hunter.
Its pretty obvious somehow the US server connection is failing or overloaded. I am just hoping Blizzard will do something about it soon.

i have the same problem, i play in te US servers u.u

mi ping is high of 300 and this is unplayable

In which case, as this is the EU Technical Support forum, you should probably make a post on the US Technical Support forum instead and carry out the steps listed in their stickied thread about investigating latency issues…

However, depending on where you’re playing from, there have been a number of recent threads regarding a major issue with some south american ISPs…

totally unplayable for me atm on EU servers, screen does not update for 2-3 seconds frequently, mobs often frozen for 3-5 seconds, occasionally i run out of map …

1 Like