I finally beat the game

Thank you so much! :blush:

OK, I guess I’m ready to be more active on the forums now! ^^ Many thanks for the explanation!

3 Likes

congrats!
but you did not beat the game, you beat the game when you will do solo 150 in NON-SEASON. i season is easy due to season buffs.

But I did. Even got a prize for doing it! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It dropped today in a gr 120 when testing Marauder without soul shards and with only 200 paragon points in dex to get a rough idea about how it will perform next season.

Ooh, rerolling Movement Speed into 6% CHC and that’s really tasty.
However, I thought Marauder used Focus + Restraint?

1 Like

It says so on Maxroll for both Multishot and Cluster. But when I look at the leaderboard maybe most of the clears, whether Multishot or Cluster Arrow, are done using Endless Walk and Coe. It seems that you don’t have to put much attention to the CoE cycle but you just fire away as much as possible (unlike other builds only doing damage in a single cycle)… not an expert of course… If you can make sure to pop the Wolf and jump into an oculus ring when fire comes up it’ll give you an edge.

On primals I think I’ve used all my luck this season. The gr70 drop was a Traveler’s pledge with dex, crit damage and lph (or something like that) that could be rolled to crit (also tried elemental but crit showed the highest damage on the details sheet). It wasn’t untill late season I got a trifecta non ancient Traveler’s that was better. Also had other useful primals and a lot of un-useful ones too of course.

Try your monk in non-season after this season end. you will see how bugged was monk this season. I am curious if you will be able to do an grift 140 in non-season.

Bugged? There were no bugs. Sometimes the fire allies have a bit of a hard time finding their target but I wouldn’t call it a bug.
(In a previous patch the allies couldn’t attack Perendi for example. This was a bug that was fixed).
Cheers.

Bugged meaning the Monk leaderboard is filled with 150gr, first places even under 2 mins. do you think this was intented? when all other classes leaderboards have only few 150 done.

Your definition of bugged is “bugged”. Nothing is bugged or unintended. Other classes’ numbers of 150 clears are: Barb 44, Crus 260, DH 143, Necro 56, WD 79. Even though 44 is not a high number it is still more than a “few”. The numbers also reflect the popularity of the class both in respect to how many that have played it and how many that have felt the incentive to push with it.

1 Like

have a try with your monk when season end in non-season and come back with your record. you will understand what I am saying.

It’s not the point of the topic.

Jazz is happy to complete a solo GR150 this season, and congrats.

I did a 141 with a WD. I’m really very happy.
Will you ask me if I can do the same in non-season?
The answer is no.

Just enjoyed the Jazz’s 150

4 Likes

Thx Strix. The purpose of the topic is mainly to spark some life into the eu forum. :+1:

3 Likes

he said he beat the game. the fact that did 150 is ok, I also said congrats above. But, saying that beat the game is exagerated. e.g. there were exploits in the past that allow players to do grift 150 in under 1min, DH at start of this season I think. the same, monk this season was unintended overpowered, so he did not beat the game, but just exploited some game weaknesses.

First of all thank you for the congratulation. I said my intention was to spark some life into the eu forum - but hopefully in a friendly tone without fighting and negativity.
I made it clear from the start that my result was only due to the fact that monk is super over powered this season and the frase “beating the game” was tongue-in-cheek, true in one sense, debatable in another as there is no clear definition of “beating the game”.
Calling the monk results this season bugs and exploits is factually wrong. I’ve never seen this stated anywhere else at least.

3 Likes

Hmmph, it’s proving more elusive than I thought. Got close yesterday…

Non-stop GR139 attempts today until season ends, I guess.

–=[ EDIT ]=–

Finally got a nice big Festering Woods layout as floor two. Conduit near the exit, killed six elite packs with it, finished off a handful of trash and got the GR equivalent of the Skeleton King. And, it’s all over for Season 25…

2 Likes

Well done! Even with a Dregs of Lies that would seem to be sub-optimal :+1:

I had to better my DH record to 141 in 10:12 the other night because my 140 was being gradually pushed out of the top 1000 :grin:

2 Likes

Both F&R and endless walk are viable. I think I prefer the endless walk for more consistency and the defensive buff and for the life of me I can never keep the squirts buff up for more than one second. Also, I am really ok playing around COE.

But if you find a shield pylon on a good floor with density, you will probably make more out of F&R and squirts necklace.

That compass rose that Jazz got seems very good by the way. It can fit into many builds that don’t require heavy cooldown reduction.

1 Like

I got a really nice Focus + Restraint combo during the season, both with damage range / CHC / CHD / socket. I’ve put them onto my Multishot DH for now. Had fun playing gem tetris this evening too, making sure any gem I had that was higher level than one a hero was wearing got swapped over. Then I applied all my Rank 135 gems as Caldesann’s to my WW/Rend Barb and my Impale DH so they’re covered in 675 stat augments now. Then I did a GR130 on the WD and got rank 180 or so in the era leaderboard.

[ Edit - it was a GR130, not a GR125 ]

2 Likes

I tried to do a GR 144 just before the season ended. Failed all three tries but the third time I failed for just 2 seconds and the game spawned Vessalius, and for some reason it spawned way far from my position and took me 20 seconds to backtrack and find him. But anyway, appart from that bitter taste in the end, this has been a very enjoyable season for me. Ended up with lots of lvl 140 gems and entered the lb with 4 different sets (Marauder, Arachyr, Rathma, Roland). Pretty good primal collection too. I believe I ended up with 10 usable and very well rolled primals for the 4 classes that i tried. My most impressive item was primal Arachyr gloves with crit/crit/attack speed/intelligence so i can roll intelligence to another stat later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Impressive results Yukos.
Yeah, it’s really annoying that the RG can spawn quite close - but still far away. It mostly happens in Corvus, Keeps or Plague Tunnel maps. Furthermore Vesalius can then stay invisible for some time when you finally get near him.

2 Likes