I finally beat the game

148 here solo with about 60 hours of total playtime last season was paragon 1400 odd. i wish i had the time to grind 3000 paragon a season

but congrats to OP

3 Likes

This season the game beat me! :grimacing: I ran away screaming after the season journey…

5 Likes

If you think you can one shot everything at 150… think again.

:exploding_head:

150 is not that hard…

in echoing nightmares.

1 Like

Sorry for reving this old thread but I 've done it too finally! I get the feeling now Jazz. After playing all these years. On console when RoS came out and after Season 15 on pc. Never imagined I would clear a 150. Even with overpowered seasons like ethereals I couldn’t go above 140, due to lack of patience and not that great pushing skills.

https://imgur.com/a/fiyOfIa

It happened today.

Tal Rasha wizard

• 20k main stat
  • good map but no conduit or power pylon
  • boss was Tethrys
  • 1 minute left.
  • gems were around lvl140
  • first try

Wizard is, ironically, my least played and least favorite class. But couldn’t resist the extremely powerful Tal Rasha. It was this season or never. Next I will try it with Raekor and Tragoul’s and see if I can clear 150 with them too but I have a long way to go before I gear them properly. Have fun everyone and best of luck to all for your Season 28 150 clear.

6 Likes

Well done Yukos (Yu Rule :+1:) Did you do it with stricken or with Bane of the Powerful (plus Trapped and Zei’s)?
Here’s the picture:

I’m slowly building up to a GR 150. I know it can be done with low paragons and lots of fishing (and good strategy) but I prefer to take it slow and easy, farming paragon points, levelling up whispers of atonement, doing GRs in the 135 to 140+ range.

Gave up trying to go higher than 145 in season 27 with LoD WoL monk because it didn’t feel as consistent in power as monk in season 25 and my mouse fingers started to hurt too much.

5 Likes

That’s exactly my thoughts. I wanted to be somewhere north of 20k main stat so I farmed paragons to be able to play comfortably. I allocated some to vitality too because wizard shields scale with total life. I didn’t want to fish too much, and given how strong everything is right now it’s easy to farm very high GRs.

I had bane of the trapped (lvl 144 at that time), zei stone (lvl140). I used bane of the powerful at gr 149 by mistake. I was lucky to kill 3-4 elites with one conduit there, so in the end there were 2-3 minutes left in the counter as the Boss died. I noticed though that the fight dragged on, so at GR150 I didn’t want to miss the clear because of the rift guardian, so i changed it with bane of the stricken (also lvl 140).

My passives are: elemental exposure, galvanizing ward, power hungry, and blur
For the meteor I use the comet (cold version) because I find it less punishing and easier to play, although in raw numbers star pact is superior. The rest of the skills are typical for the build. 4 elements on the bar and magic weapon with deflection. I also used the templar instead of the enchantress for the heals and I rerolled a few of his items to give him cooldown reduction. Total life was 900k. The weapon was crafted primal, and karini even though regular legendary, it rolled with 80% reduction and had double crit.

I guess it could have become slightly easier if I farmed some 149s to have all my gems at lvl150. This is my next goal, by the way, to get every useful gem to max level.

Last season, I didn’t even touch GR140. I stopped my pushing attempts at GR 138 but I was playing Shadow Impaler and my gear was far from perfect. I remember failing quite alot above GR135 too. Granted how strong last season’s theme was, even then, I couldn’t imagine that there would be a chance for a future season to clear 150.

2 Likes

Sounds great. The web profiles are correct again so that we can sneak peak at the season heroes. I got lucky with a recipe 11 roll on my Karini early in season and today a bit of luck with a Grand Vizier reforge, that hasn’t been augmented yet (even have some better boots in stash waiting for augment).
Best of luck to all.

3 Likes

Yup, a good Karini is painful to get, so if it is decent, I 'll still take it. If you check my profile the only change I made since that final push is that I equiped bane of the powerful again, because I went back to some regular speeds. I am also using the enchantress more frequently, because I improved at dodging stuff and avoiding damage, so now I play more aggresively. I am also at GR 142 with Frenzy barb, and even though I know there is no chance for me to clear GR150 with him, I am having a blast. Also, having more experience and in-game hours with the barb obviously helps. I am sure your GR150 is a matter of time. If I could do it, pretty much every above average player can do it too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done!

I’ve not had a lot of time in the current season so this is the best I’ve managed…

…but that’s still an improvement of my previous best which was a GR139 at around 2500 paragon a few seasons ago on a Witch Doctor. Considering I did the GR140 at around 1280 paragon, that shows how much power the Altar is giving (and I’m still missing one of the potion nodes, due to not finding enough primals to turn into dust yet).

4 Likes

Thanks a lot !!! Congrats to your GR140 as well !! Yup Tragoul is harder for me too. I can clear 130 or so with whatever map and monsters but after that it needs more strategy to play around big pulls! Tal Rasha also has the advantage of dealing big damage to both density and single targets. But I am sure you are going to nail it after some farming! Good luck for your road to 150!!

2 Likes

Well, if someone had told me last year that being main Cruz and second Barb, the second class* I would have gotten a GR 150 down with was the Necro, I probably wouldn’t have believed them ^^ (* The first and only other solo GR 150 I’ve completed was in S25 at 2441 gonz on an Akkhan/Invoker Bomb Cruz.)

But here it is: https://imgur.com/a/9jDSoxx

I was a lot of time ahead on Blighter with 1 pylon left on some map I still don’t know the name of (I really need to learn them someday…): https://imgur.com/a/s9hObRg I wasn’t so sure I would take it down though, as I had already failed twice with about as much time left vs the Boss and 1 pylon left. But as this one spawns adds, it was much easier.

I was using the Guardian’s set with Esoteric instead of Zei with pretty good fully augmented gear.

Maybe that if I hadn’t stop to take the first screenshot, I would even have broken into the Necros’ leaderboard for a few hours! :laughing::see_no_evil::joy: https://imgur.com/a/zhUIi9K

But it’s OK, I’ll definitely take the win!

Now sure what I’m gonna do now. Earlier in the season, I’ve started pushing with a Wizz (that was also a first) but I didn’t like the feeling, so I’ve deleted her. I did GR 139 yesterday on my Akkhan’s Sader (the same performance I did in NS with 4K gonz after having tried quite hard) but I don’t feel like pushing it higher. I don’t really care about parangons grinding but it’s tempting to keep playing the season for the primal bonus. Too bad I can’t do it with the Sader, though (I’m sick of farming with FotH)… Maybe I’ll keep playing the Necro and try the other builds… (Would you guys recommend one specifically?) Either this or I’m back in NS both farming the Rainbow portrait and pushing the Cruz and the Barb, we’ll see!

5 Likes

Congratulations. Embedding that for you…

Really surprised to see that you don’t have Blood Rush on the abilities.

5 Likes

Many thanks for the embedding, Meteorblade!

As for Blood Rush, I’ve started my pushes with this ability instead of Frailty, as advised by Maxroll. But when I took a look at the leaderboard, I noticed that most players were actually using Frailty. So I swaped these two abilities and it really felt helpfull. Also, that’s one fewer button to handle and 3 buttons (² on my AZERTY keyboard for the potion + 1 + 2) is way enough buttons for me ^^

2 Likes

Hey Meteorblade,

Are you still using Blood Rush or did you swap over to Frailty? I was wondering if Blood Rush helps for packing. I don’t know about you, but I never have enough time to make big packs of mobs as there is only 3 elements on a Necro CoE… Packing feels much easier/more satisfying on a Cruz… Or maybe using Blood Rush helps packing? But people do not seem to be using it much for pushing this season… So Idk…

Its cute that you think the game is beaten for soloing gr150. These days gr150 is just ridiculous joke… Diablo 3 has slowly over the years gone down the drain, getting easier and easier and you know why? because Diablo 4 is coming. They dont want anyone to be left on Diablo 3 so they can shut down most of their services on that end similarly to Diablo 2.
I hope Diablo 4 will never be similarly turned into liquid form of poop.
P.S
Imagine playing this game on softcore… absolutely zero challenge.

As always: action speaks louder than words. :smile:

1 Like

Your Career Page shows that the highest legendary gem you have on any hero is rank 129.
If GR150 is so easy, why don’t you have any Rank 150 gems and 750 stat augments?

2 Likes

This game is never beaten. You can play time and time again and accumulate ridiculous amounts of paragons and even then there will always be someone else who has more. However GR150 is the highest content this game has to offer and clearing it as a solo player gives a sense of completion. This is how I see it. For me it is a very nice closure before D4 comes out.

1 Like

Look. You only beat the game if all your gear is optimum primal and do a 150 in 0.01 seconds on all characters.

:exploding_head:

2 Likes