Install stuck at waiting

Hi. After several years I installed client, tried to install Diablo 3 and keep getting stuck with above mentioned error. Im getting desperate here, i tried everything i could find on Google. Reinstall, cleaning all data before that, using new admin account, turning off windows antivirus and defender, dns flushing, have the latest win 10, latest graphic drivers…

At first it gets stuck on install window but after some time it enables the install button which then gets stuck on waiting indefinitely.

Is there anything else I could try?

Hey there,

So this type of error indicates that the Diablo III installation is waiting for another update to process. This could be another game client or an update for the Desktop Application itself. That update does not appear to be completing properly and points to either a connection issue to the update service or an access/permission issue to the desktop application/affected game client. Give the following a shot, it should help you out.

Try running your system in selective startup mode: Blizzard Support - Closing Background Applications

Try doing an extended power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 30 minutes, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

In some cases there is a corrupt or misconfigured setting within the router or modem. We cannot say what that might be offhand but the easiest way to resolve these conflicts would be to factory reset the router and/or modem.

You may need to look up your specific model for the steps on how to do this and in some rare cases you may need to have this done by the ISP. Feel free to reach out to them for assistance if necessary.

We need to not only remove all data relating to the Desktop Application and affected game client, we need to ensure we have good permissions for reinstall.

  1. Ensure the Desktop Application or setup is not running and open File Explorer (Right click Windows Start Button)
  2. In File Explorer, navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Create a new administrator account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account
  8. Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile.
  9. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, then I recommend submitting a ticket with an msinfo attached for further investigation. (instructions for collecting that msinfo report will be on the form.)

Click your name at the top right of this page, click support, click contact support.