Is Diablo 3 pay2win game?

Hi,
I dont have Necromancer, i dont wanna buy it and i hate it!

If Diablo 3 isn’t pay2win, how can i use Necromancer gear i have drop?
I buy Diablo 3 and i wanna use my drops. How can i use it without pay2play??

Thankyou

buying an extra char is not pay 2 win.if you dont buy necro you cant use necro gear

1 Like

I really don’t understand how one might think D3 is pay to win. The necro DLC is pay to play content. If you want to use the necro content, you have to pay for it.

3 Likes

It’s not a pay2win…
so if i don’t pay to use this items, i can’t use them? So… u sure is not pay to win?
Cuz, i pay to loot items i can use, and Blizzard give me necromancer loot and i can’t use it… Every time i loot necro gear, i expect loot something i can use, because i pay for it. Right?

help me understand please!

you pay to get an extra char.

You can turn those drops into crafting materials … so they are not useless.

1 Like

The items are paid content, not pay to win.

Keep in mind that only the necro can use the necro items. No other class can equip them.

1 Like

Yes i can. But i can do the same in all others.
But many players (necro buyer) can loot and use it. I can’t use it because i dont pay for necro… but i loot it! Is blizzard “force me” to buy necro???
U say its correct blizzard make u loot items u cant use unless u pay?! after u pay for the game?!

right! And only Wizzard can use wizard loot. Same for monk and all others… So, why i loot items for one char i dont have it? Why is blizzard give itens and say “u cant use it” i pay for the game, i wanna use the items. If i cant use it because i dont have necro (its logic) why i loot this?

Incorrect. Other classes have have class specific items which other classes can equip. For example any class can equip rings specific to wizard.

Necro items are different. All necro items, including those one normally would consider universal between classes like rings, can only be equipped by the necro. If you want to use them, you have to buy the necro DLC. And no, it is not pay to win!!! Learn the definition!

As for why they drop even without owning the DLC, it is due to the design of the game. The game client is exactly same for everyone, regardless of which licenses one owns. It is necessary to ensure everything works between players so that for example one who does not own the necro DLC can play with another player who does.

3 Likes

oO? So…
i pay the game, and now i can’t use my loot, unless i pay again. This is not Pay2win?

befour i buy the game, i play the game free in demo mode! And after kill King Leoric, i have to pay to keep playing. This is NOT pay to win. This was a demo!
But now, like u say, i have to pay to use my loot after i buy the game.

How old are you? 10?!

1 Like

Why? because i say Diablo 3 is a pay2win game?
Explain to me in some way i understand and agree with you, why i have to PAY to use my loot after i buy the game.

It’s still pay to play. You can’t use necro items because they are part of the DLC which you haven’t bought.

I can’t simplify this any further. It’s not pay to win, it’s pay to play.

2 Likes

ok. I can agree with that! And Why this information is NOT in Blizzard Shop?
They need to add that info in Blizzard Shop page:

Diablo 3 is a Pay2Play. Some times(many times), u will loot itens and you can’t use it, unless u BUY DLC

Because people should understand it without stating the obvious?

4 Likes

OP deleted the last post but was close to get the right point.

Yes every mob you kill every chest you open is a loot box as OP calls it … it can give you items you need or items you do not need / can use …the last options can be salvaged and reused to make items you can use.

so yeah … you could call it a loot box game where you invest time instead of money.

Diablo 3 is a Pay2Play. Some times(many times), u will loot itens and you can’t use it, unless u BUY DLC

nothing more to say!
It’s like one “authorized scam” (or not)!

Aerin, even if you don’t have the Necro DLC you still have the benefit of being able to play with necromancers in multiplayer games. You can even reach GR 150 with the help of a necromancer.

I’m sure this info will make you feel better.

1 Like

I understand you. But… can i use my necromancer loot, the loot i pay without spend more money? No. So, i was scamed by Blizzard. I have pay for one game, for one loot system and now i can’t use my loot cuz i dont have Necro and blizzard disable trades!

I was scammed by blizzard.

No, you were not scammed. You can’t use the necro items because they are restricted to be equipped by the necro only.

2 Likes