Is Diablo 3 pay2win game?

Read the whole thread again. Everything has been explained several times.

Please don’t do that.

That’s the whole point of Diablo.
Lots of people do that every season.

I paid for the necro and never really use it… Not that I’m bothered either way.

1 Like

No you simply don’t understand how set and other things works. Set items are available only for certain characters - eg. DH sets are available only for DH, Crusader sets are available only for Crusaders, Necromancer sets are available only for Necromancer. You can’t use Necro sets with other characaters!

Even if you find some legendaries which buffs some Necro skills, why do you want to use it? No other characters has Necro spells. If you want to use Necromancer sets and legendaries, buy Necromancer DLC.

1 Like

Aerin if we use your “logic”, then we can say something like this: How we can use Crusader items if I do not own Diablo 3 Reaper Of Souls DLC? I want to use Crusader items but I can’t to do it if I don’t pay for DLC RoS where Crusader was introduced… The same thing is with Necromancer.

2 Likes

Someone who has only the vanilla D2 please correct me because I think D2 if you don’t have the expansion then you can’t create Assasin or Druid and starting Act5. But I don’t know that Assasin or Duid specific gear is dropping from Act1 to 4.

In D3 if you don’t have RotN you can still visit all the places where you could only go if you have the expansion. You can still salvage necro specific drops. So why is this a paytowin when you get a lot for free?

But for the record I can’t belive we arguing a 15$/€ expansion. If you bought the vanilla for 20$/€ and get the RoS for another 20$/€ or bought together in Battle Chest edition for 30$/€ then comparing to what it offers its a cheap deal.

For something to be pay2win you would need an exclusive bonus like exp or op powerfull gear you can buy for cash. Necro is just a dlc, it’s not more powerfull than other classes, it doesn’t give you any advantages over other players.

3 Likes

Aerin person is absolutely hilarious. Keep baiting please.

1 Like

I love you too!! :relaxed::kissing_closed_eyes:

Never feed a troll this topic is what you get.

D2 is pay2win, D3 is not.

Depends what you wanna win ><. #1 leaderboard, yes its pay to win.

After the Necro nerf (What was right after the release.) and the recent Barb/Cruss boost (season 19) its really hard to kick Necros to the top. So no. Buying another class still isn’t pay-to-win.

I thought it’s a stupid question at first, but then I gave it a fair bit of thought.

No, it is not. Like many have said so far. Buying a class is not pay2win. By some twisted logic if the Necro is better at another base class some would consider it automatically p2w garbage - That’s hardcore stupidity and no, Necro is by no means overpowered.

Power-creep in Diablo 3 is not given to the latest paid addition, not intentionally anyway. Power-creep happens across the entire game each update and balance issues will usually (or attempted to) be fixed. I don’t think Necro stands out in anyway at the moment.

Simply put: You are not buying power, you are paying for a new addition. If you are interested in the class fantasy, grab it, otherwise don’t.

1 Like