Keep me logged in and Authenticator 2-step verification

I have a rather long password for my account which is also doubly protected with the authenticator app installed on my phone. Just the way I want it.

I’m not so sure if this really counts as a technical support issue, but I noticed this morning that when I open the Battle.Net app and log in, and I check the “Keep me logged in” box, then everything works as expected and I get the Approve prompt on my phone from the Authenticator. However, if I close the Battle.Net app, and come back a little later, it opens as per normal and is auto logged in, but the authenticator does not prompt for approval.

Is this by design? I ask because what happens if I’m not home, and my niece or sister open the Battle.Net app to which I’ve elected to “Always keep me logged in”. The authenticator in this case DOESN’T ask for approval to allow the login, so how will I know if someone is accessing the app?

Sure, I could always log out of the Battle.Net app before I leave, but that sort of negates the whole purpose of the “Always keep me logged in” option, doesn’t it?

Is there a way to have Authenticator 2-step verification to remain in place and active, even though I use the “Always keep me logged in” option in the Battle.Net app? This way, if I’m not at home, and someone opens the Battle.Net app, I can simply DENY the auto login, at which time the app will simply go to the Username/Password entry screen and my niece or her daughter can enter their own credentials.

It’ll be a bit more secure that way…

So there is an option for this.
If you login to the account management and head to the Security Section you can then update your Authenticator settings to enable the “Always require authenticator for login”.

This would allow you to keep the password remembered in the launcher and yet also have you approve each account login via the Authenticator App.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pardon for not replying soon enough, but I’ve been busy with some other things.

The option to always use the authenticator for login IS enabled:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xyI_4xFbhKbq0qFBYV-BMEtGgRPEq-oe?usp=sharing

My trouble is, the Approve/Deny prompt only ever happens when I login to the Battle.Net launcher and the “Always keep me logged in” option is NOT selected. If I login with “Always keep me logged in” checked, the authenticator only ever asks to Approve/Deny the login once, thereafter nothing and the Battle.Net launcher starts without login or approval from the authenticator.