Lag issues in high GRs 115+

In the first of those traces you’re getting 62% packet loss at the very first hop, i.e. between your local PC and router. In both traces, you’re getting around 80% packet loss at the 84.116.231.35 hop which is your ISP.

http://whois.domaintools.com/84.116.231.35

First thing you should do is reset your PC and router and if you continue to get such a high level of packet loss at your ISP’s first hop, contact your provider and show them the result of these traces.

Rend is AOE damage even without any runes. “A sweeping strike causes all enemies within 12 yards to Bleed …”. Yes, Bloodbath rune making it worse due to stacking the effect but you will have Area Damage anyway. And WW Rend Barb is not the only source of AD in the game. And its not the first time when we facing AD problems (remember WD).
Guys, Area Damage is the game feature. It shouldn’t be OUR problem. Blizzard should fix it. We shoudn’t sacrifice features to get game to playable level. Its ridiculous. We paid OUR MONEY for the game that will be ok to play with all features and for that money we want good level of playability and service in case if something going wrong. Are we getting it? No.
Its obvious that Blizzard dont care about this game anymore. Just take a look at this rare customer support answers. They dont want even talk about problems on their side. They trying to make it about your computer / router / inet provider / backbone / temperature on the moon / etc. Just not about that fact that thier servers cant handle the calculations of their code.

What is the solution for us? I see only one: dont buy D4 and any other games from whem. Long time ago Blizzard was the synonym of good games and good quality. But its a history now.

1 Like

It makes sense what you say however there is a huge but; how is it that these problems started during the last season. I was running GRs 115 - 125 with my crusader and also my wizz the last seasons and I did not encounter such problems. ALso when I play off season where we have no season theme it seems to be fine.
What also puzzels me is that I play other online games and they all run absolutely fine. No lag whatsoever. So if there were something wrong with my internet how is it only blizzard has these issues? why do I not experience it all the time? Does not make a whole lot of sense to me.
Also, I spoke to my ISP there are no ports that are blocked or filtered. I also disabled my anti virus and firewall during the game session and also how is it that many folks in my clan have the same issue no matter if we play in a group together or not? We have the same issues independently from each other.
Well, it`s al very vexing and inconvinient but I guess it is just time to move on from D3 and find new games out there that are reliable and still supported.
Thank you all for your contributions on that matter.

1 Like

It’s not from the last season. Google “diablo 3 area damage lag” and you’ll see that we facing this problem from time to time since 2015.

Cos this issue is on Blizzard side and they cant or dont want to resolve it completely during last 4 years.
So there is no any “but”, just somebodys laziness. )

1 Like

ofc the problem wasnt a big deal before this season… the announcement of D4 was a huge reputation for D3 as well, many players started, servers became overcrowded.
On the other side, these bot players and automated shts can also cause problems in the root.
It is highly advisable to do something against bot users… (no wonder why other games fight against them constantly…).

RIP Diablo franchise, Activision is cutting Blizzards funding everywhere it isn’t “absolutely necessary” what that means is that a game like D3, that isn’t bringing in a subscription will be left to decay. Diablo 3 server funding was cut before we saw a GR150 solo and Diablo 4 is likely to be Recycled and half-assed like the call of duty series. They’ll make their money on it and I’ll probably buy it out of curiosity, but I have a feeling they’re just going to push out D4 to justify cutting D3 servers altogether, giving us a rushed product. I remember playing this series since Diablo 1, duping tomes of fireball in tristram to hunt my friends on an overpowered sorc… I’ve grown up on the Diablo franchise and it’s sad to see activision begin to influence it =] Cheers friends, see you in hell.

2 Likes

Hopped in here looking for a resolution. Hopped into D3 for the first time in a few years and the lag is so bad it’s unplayable. I tried turning down my settings at first with no luck.

Running a Ryzen 5 3600x, RTX 3070 with 16GB RAM. Also on a 1gig fiber line (hard wired), so that’s not the issue either.