Leveling legendary gems

Once or twice a year I’ll jump back into diablo 3 for 1 or 2 seasons. I usually get a gut wrenching feeling after a few days of playing because the process of leveling gems is disgusting. I’m posting in hopes of a change (obviously not going to happen because the game is 8 years old). It would be absolutely fantastic to see some kind of experienced based leveling system for gems.

Eg: You do a grift 80 with a lvl 1 gem and it’s lvl 40 after the grift is complete (If completed in time). Same level 80 grift with a lvl 70-80 gem would level much slower.

If the gem leveling system was more tolerable, people like me (I would guess there’s a lot) would stay in the season for longer. After a few dozen grifts it starts to feel disgusting at the thought of doing a few hundred more just for augments.

I also think it would lessen the chance of people resorting to botting. It’s very appealing to have a bot spam mundane content for hours on end. Its a terrible system when leveling a gem from 1-5 is the same as leveling it from 95-100 (if your grift clears are fast). A change would be a huuuuge QoL improvement.

I do agree with it to certain extent. Levelling gem from level 1 to 100 is kind of boring. Just get in, get out, repeat over and over. On top of that drops are horrible, there not much rewarding but there are other issues as well with the game as I mention in my own post.