10 Reasons why this game has broken to us

The picture I’m seeing is that you wish to maintain a message about the loot system being broken despite me explaining the maths and you saying you agree with that maths being right. The picture is literally feelings over facts.

1 Like

It’s funny. I’ve picked up on several of your points right from the start of your opening post and just yesterday I commented on all of your recent 8 points.

Again you make long winded personal attacks that has nothing to do with the discussion.

1 Like

Not going to repeat what I wrote before but wanted to show you guys something. This is not once but happen a few times before but never actually took the screenshot. Now I decided to take one and show you that one of the problem. Look at this picture, It has the same pylon spawn closely together. Sometime even right next to each other. Update: I can’t put link in my own post? Now I have to delete the link which is ridiculous. I created this post and I can’t even put a picture from my Google Photo?

Another thing that my mates were saying the other day about primal. As I said before do something more than just giving you back 15 souls. I don’t care what since primal are hard to find in the first place. IF you reforge it, you should get Primal back with different stat. I have mentioned this before in my own post long time ago. You can only upgrade, not down grade. At least give back my primal damn it.

My mate also got annoyed that he failed his gem upgrade at 90% twice. I said to him that I mentioned this in my post in this form and 2 guys called me dumb and saying that Maths is correct. I do agree to certain point but if I say this to anyone even my grand mother or a 12 years old child, it just don’t make sense. Blizzard must have a log on each player getting how many primal and legendary every hour or sessions. What they should change is the current session, not for a long term session. But anyway, I gave up arguing with them. Another mate also complaining that he has reforge his gear (Dawn I believe) for ancient version for 50 times and only 1 ancient roll which is ridiculous.

At the end of the day, Blizzard must notice that this post has a lot of replies out of all the posts apart from that botting form that shut down (I got ban and I didn’t bot) and they surely be reading some of it no matter how long my messages are. Of course some people (not going to name) don’t read everything if they see long messages and just skip to the conclusion and pick some point that they want to argue against instead of taking everything in which is what bunch of teenagers do. Everyone is entitle to your own view. They think they are right and I am also sticking to my own fact and my own experience. The thing is theory and real life are two completely different stories. They don’t always follow or agree with what is on the paper.

I am sorry Blizzard but you got some issues and you got to fix some of it. I don’t mean everything over night and I don’t expect you to. I gave you 8 solutions above in this post. At least make some of it happen in the future patch. From today, I am signing out from D3 for good unless I see my mates sign in which is rarely now or you guys fixed some of the issues in the future patch. IF you manage to do some of it, then we will get new D4 and carry on with this franchise. Otherwise, well you are not the only game out there in the market.

What was with the two pylons? Was it two pylons of the same type that spawned close to each other? Or was it two different pylons spawning at different locations (but close to each other)? And was it a nephalem rift or a greater rift?

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… http://www.ThisIsAnExample.com/HowToMakeLinks.htm

So, if it’s a 90% chance of success, it’s also a 10% chance of failure.
Chance of two failures in a row is 0.1 * 0.1 = 0.01, i.e. 1%.
It won’t happen often, but it will happen.

I wasn’t one of them.

On the contrary, I’d expect any 12 year old that’s studying maths at school to have a rudimentary knowledge of statistics by that age such that they’d understand that it’s perfectly possible for something with a 90% success rate to occasionally fail multiple times in a row.

Another visit to…

Number of events = 50
Probability of success per event = 10%
Probability of exactly 1 success = 2.863%

So, roughly 1 in 35 would get that result.
Again, that’s unlucky, but it’s not broken.

Earlier in the thread you agreed with my maths. Now you’re saying that you have your own facts but what you’re posting are your feeling about your experiences.

Feel free to argue against my maths. You need to provide evidence that it’s not working, rather than just feeling upset that you / your friends got unlucky. Current evidence, as anecdotally provided by you in this thread, would suggest nothing more than bad luck. It certainly doesn’t suggest anything’s broken, so there’s nothing for Blizzard to address here.

1 Like

Well both. Same type, sometime different type but right next to each other. Also in both GR and normal rift.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RMhSJpMG6DcdbueA8

This is what you wrote awhile ago when you got annoyed and I didn’t have a chance to reply it properly. Have you ever seen any system in the world has an extra button that nobody press? Every button, every icons, everything exist for a reason. Without purpose or reason, it shouldn’t be there in the first place. Can you name one player who ever wear black thorn set or Raven wing on your DH? Do you wear one as well in any of your char? It has some meaning but if nobody use it or wear it, what is the point?

I can’t even make the separate reply. Sorry Jazz. Seem like only you two actually care to reply a lot in this post.

As I said before Meteorblade. There are more than just Maths here mate. IF you look at my 8 points to improve, there aren’t even anything about those gem upgrade or Maths issue or even pylon. Those things are minor issues. Here are the main concerning issues.

1. Improve the quality of life by having pets picking up Mats and DB as well as gold.
  2. Make the better quality drops in higher GR with some guarantee of getting ancient. (OR do something with those gem upgrade. Someone posted here about those gems upgrade recently and doing GR100 is the same as doing GR50 which is ridiculously grinding, here is his link Leveling legendary gems)
  3. Primal should give more than just 15 souls.
  4. Remove all the useless items that nobody care or wear like Blackthorn set. Some item like Ouroboros necklace has no added value to it. There are many other items and I don’t know all the name. Less items mean more chance of getting what you need.
  5. Legendary item should have some kind of bonus. If there is no bonus, it shouldn’t exist in the game like Fletcher Pride. Some items are not in the cube but they are useful like Wind Force bow which has up to 50% knock back, or Blind Faith has 40% chance to blind since some people wear them for Necro Krysbin ring.
  6. Change some of the items to make it more valuable/useful to have. Like Raven Wing bow, what is the use for this? Raven fly with you? For what purpose? Does it take 5-20% of my damage? Skycutter sword has angel come to assist you and he does no damage at all. Maybe change that to 10-20% of your weapon damage?
  7. Don’t give item that has nothing to do with my current class. If I use Necro to farm Necro items, just give me Necro stuff or at least give me Intel base items, damn it.
  8. Make other gears equally good as set items to open up more option to LoN/LoD build. E.g DH chakram off hand and kridershot with some added damage instead of just giving hatred. Look at Hydra for Wiz. LoD Hydra is good as Typhoon set. I have tried it and it work really well (basically make the build more creative, let player create their own build and move away from the set items)

Yes, I’ve occasionally seen that happen. That’s because of how pylons are spawned. When you enter a rift / greater rift there’s a 1% chance that there’ll immediately be a pylon. If not, for every 1% of progress the chance of a pylon to be spawned is increased by 3%, thereby ensuring you’ll get one as your progress increases. Once one is spawned, your chance of a pylon is reset, and it starts rising again from 1% chance. Pylons have known possible spawn locations. Play enough and you’ll know that if your progress is going well, you’ll know where on the map the next one could be.

Now, on your screenshot, you’ve got two pylons. The fact that they’re close to each other just means your hero was near to two possible pylon spawn locations on the map. You got the first pylon due to sufficient progress forcing one, then the second happened with a low chance. As the screenshot shows it’s a T16 rift, it’s not hard to do that, because it’s easy to get to the first 100% guaranteed spawn by reaching 33% progress. Then it’s just a really low chance that you’d spawn a second one at 1% (or close thereto).

But you keep making posts complaining about lack of ancient / primal drops, which are adequately explained by maths / statistics.

1 Like

There are about 24 skills each with 5 runes (plus unruned) and 19 passives for each class. Expecting each of them be equally purposeful is absurd in my opinion.
An explanation for all the “useless” and “junk” legendaries is probably due to history. In the early days of D3 you only had one play mode and getting the real good stuff could take a long time. So a Raven’s Wing or some pieces of Blackthornes could be useful for a while. Even today, if you level up slowly in season a ‘junk’ legendary can be useful for some time. A Mempo of Twilight was a BIS item is classic D3. Today it’s only here as a part of history… and a provider of souls.

… I’m not here to defend Blizzard or the game. Anybody is free to make suggestions and all things can be changed. I just don’t think that people should be all riled up because they find something is annoying them. Just recently I had five fails in a row on 60% upgrade chance in an empowered GR in the nineties. The next one I had only one success out of five tries. And then I had five successes in a row at 60%. These things just make me smile and laugh.

Only think I can agree is auto picking up materials (DB, reusable parts, etc…) and the primal salvaged giving more materials. If I may add something , I d like to see primals being able to be reforged to primals but with different stats this time. This can be done with a more expensive recipe ( like 50 the needed materials of a typical reforge).

The rng is rng man. It’s randomly generetaded. You farmed for x hours and got 5 primals instead of 10 and all of them were blackthorn’s ? Someone else farmed for x hours and got 20 primals and some of them were good. It is sucks to have bad rng but it is what it is. Probability models work that way. Last season i got 3 primals in 4-5 consecutive GR runs and all of them were actually mundunugu pieces + the offhand that I ve found spending shards. That’s 4 primals in 15 minutes. This season I ve found somewhere between 25-30 primals. Every single one of them is not even used by the worst off meta build in the game. I am talking about broken staffs and scoundrel tokens tier of garbage. And I still haven’t found a Dawn that rolled above 60% CDR. Well, what can you do…

1 Like

I came out of the party to switch char and switch hero button has gone. Also Resume button is disable. It happened before a few times and I have to come out of the game completely and then rejoin. It didn’t happen until the last 2 patches. Something mess up somewhere. This is technical issue now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/njLEvA7JWKWus7ve6

1 Like

This is just another in a line of people I see complaining on here that basically comes down to “I don’t have everything I want and it takes to long to get it and RNG”.

I get so frustrated with this silliness man. Do these people just want the exact items with perfect stats to appear in their inbox after 50 hours or something? Do they get no fun out of the experience of item improvements? So what if you don’t have perfect rolls on all the gear.

It is called perfect for a reason. You can’t just expect perfect to appear without a massive amount of investment.

it happen to me when i was solo

Put down the magnifying glass; lift up your head from the microscope.
Go outside.

Same here, hundreds of hours of gaming and about 1% of ancient drops on GR100+…and 99% useless crap…! Primals, I only got, when entering GR70 (usual), and then only the useless ones…Seems like they are removed from the game and only let them drop as bait to keep on playing…The RNG of this game seems broken! The only way to get proper ancients is to reforge them…takes a loooooong time! Quite stupid, you play the skin from your bones on these high GRs and you only get proper loot by rerolling stuff, again broken!

1 Like

Well I am not going to bother replying to some of the people here since my last reply. Obviously some agree with me and some don’t. Everyone can think whatever they want.

But finally. They fixed something that I was saying before. Biggest change is those useless items can now be used on the followers. I think I am happy with that change and come back last night for a few run. Now they finally have some kind of purpose which is what I was hoping for. When you find something ancient and may not be useful for you but could put them on your followers to build up the stat that can benefit for you. Smart. Solve a lot of my issues about 80% with this fix. Well done Blizzard and thank you for listening.

I will come back to play again in this Easter but shame that all the regular players are gone in my friends list. Some hasn’t login for months. But this changes is ideal for the solo player and also like the changes they made on solo leaderboard for each set. Now that widen the different set up rather than seeking the best meta build and everyone copying the same thing which limit the creativity.

Random issue is still there but I don’t think we can do anything about it and it is the core system since the game came out. So hard to change except a few parameters. Customizing pets picking up certain items is still not there but I can live with it. It is not a big deal. Overall, I am very happy with this change and I am sure that most people are too except DH set being nerf probably. My only question is why they didn’t think of it earlier and wasted years of my time but hey still never too late.

1 Like

Well, of the 13 points in your opening post only one seems to be adressed; Blackthorne set is now useful in that the pants have elemental damage and can be used in LOD builds (instead of Swampland waders).

One good reason for me to give the game up is the drops. Primal drops. I played season 22, I got my guaranteed primal a bloody DAIBO for running a GR75 solo on my DH. I had a second char made, necro, with 0 primal drops on it. And of course absolutely NO primal drop for the rest of the season, and I stoped playing at 930 paragon, or around there. 0 primals, regardless which it would be. And that in the context where I would inspect players under 500 paragon with, at least 2 or 3 bis primals equipped. lol?
Edit: And no, I’m not getting D4 to replace D3.

It’s a pity if you leave the game just because of your grievance over primals. The guaranteed primal from a 70 gr in season is usually a disappoint that’ll make you wanna punch the computer screen. With the new follower system there is a good chance that it can be put on a follower to increase the mainstat.
The players with lots of primal gears are either: quite lucky or putting in a high amount of time in the game running speed rifts and grifts at “efficient levels” (or groups) or they run heaps of split bounties in order to reforge until the desired result.
Lastly, as said many times before, a good ordinary legendary can be better than an ancient/primal ancient, and a good ancient is often better, and easier to get, than a primal.

2 Likes

If it’s any consolation, I already count 7 primals this season (almost 700 paragons) and each one is worse than the last, and the craziest thing is that 2 dropped in the same gr. Every single one of them went straight to haedrig for salvage. Arguably more annoying than finding zero primals. But what can you do… Rng, man… It is what it is.

2 Likes

Dropped 2 primal squirt necklaces and a mempo, p500.

1 Like