Mac os catalina

Hey all,

Before our forums moved, we had a few posts on Mac OS Catalina’s beta having problems with our installer. I’ve got word from our engineers that they have pushed a fix for permissions issues with the new OS beta and the Blizzard Battle net app.

If anyone has encountered this issue, and the problem persists please follow up with us here.

1 Like

Just upgraded, D3 loads but resolution is out of sync. Vertical & Horizontal lacing is not synchronized properly, image is barely discernible.

2 Likes

Same issue here, MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS Catalina Version 10.15.

Same for me. and also after Blizzard scheduled update. Impossible to play . Screen is a mess

Hi,
I can’t play in my iMac since the deployment of Catalina.
Is there a date for a fix?
Thanks

Same issue here, MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), macOS Catalina Version 10.15.

I was able to play D3 when macOS Catalina was released until yesterday. The game was so laggy. Im using Macbook Air (13 inch-2017). macOS Catalina v. 10.15

Any update on this support? I can’t still play.
iMac 27 2018.

I have the same pixelated screen issues running D3 on mac os catalina. I was able to play though if I have Adobe Illustrator running in the background. It seems to do something with the graphics chip… Its a strange behaviour but maybe it ll be a temporary fix for you.

I have the same exact graphical issue with 10.15.1 running on MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017).

I hope Blizz solves this soon.

Hello guys,

I found a solution.

It has something to do with graphic drivers and I manage to play nicely by deactivating the Automatic Graphic Switching on my MBP. So I suppose that of the two graphic cards the MBP has, the Intel HD Graphics XXX is not able to play the game correctly (graphic artefacts), whereas the Radeon Pro 5XX can.

Disabling the Automatic Graphic Switching (Preferences > Energy saver) makes your MBP use only the Radeon which drives D3 well.

Now why is D3 not triggering the Automatic switch in Catalina when it was doing it correctly on the previous version of macOS, I don’t know.

Anyway, for the time being I can play :slight_smile:

6 Likes

reading this in March 2020 and working on Macbook pro 16 catalina OS - big up @chocopipe for the help!

I still experience some graphical issues on an mbp 16 with radeon 5300m graphic card. The game is playable but artefacts appear for certain textures.
The easiest to provoke is by playing Witch doctor and use Spirit barrage and then spirit walk. In all the blue shades blockiness appears. It does appear related to more textures if graphics switching is enabled but it still appears if when forcing the gpu to be active.