Nintendo Switch Incorrect Region

Hi,

I did try going through the support channels, but it seems Blizzard don’t support their own product on consoles :frowning:

Anyway, I purchased D3 on switch this year (I’ve already got it on PC and Xbox) but have noticed that instead of being in Europe when I login, I’m actually in US. Realised this when doing the challenge rift 251 as on PC its the Europe version and on Switch its the US version.

I can’t seem to find any options to change the region to Europe as a default. On PC if check my account it shows as Europe and Switch is linked to my account, so would expect it to link to my location.

So does anyone know how to permanently set my region to Europe on the Switch.

Thanks

Hi:

As far as I know, there is only one region for consoles. Call it what you want… “US” or “World” or “Universe”… doesn’t matter. That is why, when a season starts or ends, it follows the schedule set for the Americas region. I suppose that’s fine if you live on mainland US, but if you’re in Athens or Tehran… the season start time is going to be very inconvenient.

I’m not surprised to see that you are getting the “US version” Challenge rift on the Switch… as I said, consoles are all in one region. You didn’t specify which Challenge Rift you got with the XBox… is it, as I suspect, the “US version” Challenge rift ?

2 Likes

thank for the reply, its give a bit more understanding of why it’s different to PC. I’ve not actually checked the xbox yet, but will do sometime over the weekend.

1 Like