Not registering to leaderboard -TEMPORARY FIX-

Yes, the server ip changes when you make a new game. Unless you happen to connect to the same server again. Roughly 1/400 chance.

2 Likes

yes so everytime we open a new game and check for loot clan chat we are basically doing the same as checking for ip’s. it’s no news that it’s server related thats why we used this method to test the server we are on.

Dude i knew all this already 2 weeks ago when it started. But instead of grabbing a tracer prog i realised that there was a 100% correlation between clan loot chat not showing up when you identify/loot and it not registering. I figured some servers must not have been properly attached to the leaderboard (could be a seperate server for all i know). And so far i have seen only 2 people saying my method did not work for them and a lot more saying it did work for them. And yes there is always the possibility that it’s coincidence but the current data strongly suggests otherwise.

Yes.

If it was a 100% correlation, why do you have multiple examples of people saying they saw loot in clan chat, and their GR clearances were not recorded, i.e. it’s not 100%.

I’ve given you links to three already.

I can do exactly the same:

Yet of 2 weeks pushing it has never failed me , nor my clanmates, not solo, not in 4 man. So yeh for us it is still standing on 100%. Thats 40 people for whom it’s working. The negative reports from others brings that number down a bit (0.11%). But they are sources without further explanation. Do they fully understand how the method works and have they carefully followed it. Are they saying it did not work by memory or have they carefully made notes. Im not saying you are 100% wrong or i am 100% right. I am just saying that for some (40 people) this seems to be working for 2 weeks straight now with no exceptions…

Neither am I. I am, however, suggesting that you’re not 100% right as we have counter indications. Hence why I used the Anchorman meme. So, we have 40 positive results and 3 negative results, that’s 93% success rate. So, would you be happier with…

“93% of the time, it works every time!”

1 Like

Don’t confuse number of subjects with number of attempts (results) please.

it is not 40 against 3… it is 40 x # of attempts against 3 x # of attempts.
It might as well be positive 6489 against negative 3. Depending on how much attempts every subject did.

So let’s say i have 40 people that pushed 14 days with let’s say 2 records broken a day then thats already 40x14x2=1120 attempts with a 100% succes rate versus maybe (worst case scenario) 3 attempts unsuccessful.

If your calculations and theory is correct it would take 159 tries to reach a 100% possibility for a game WITH working clan chat loot AND no working leaderboard. But you already meet a 99% change to have that happen after 65 attempts. Clearly some of the subjects, including myself, exceed those numbers.

Also on a side note, if certain subjects show a 100% probability consistently and others for example 75% but the conditions are the same then there is probably a deciding factor you are not including in your test setup/calculations. hence i noted; i don’t know what the conditions where of the people reporting negative results but there might be a unknown factor which would change the probability calculations because it is a extra event with a separate probability for that factor to occur.

That all being said, you claimed that “Any method that doesn’t always work, isn’t a working method.” and i said that that didn’t make sense (which it really doesn’t) because of something called probability. If something works 1 out of 10 tries, it works, just not all the time :wink: there might be a BETTER method that works BETTER tho (aka higher probability of desired outcome), maybe that is what you want to say?

So far, we have a method that shows a 100% success rate, i.e. the method detailed in the main thread where you look at which IP your game is hosted on, look up that IP and see if it’s a “bad” server, if so leave game and re-make until you land on an IP that’s a “good” server.

100% is better than less than 100%.

Yeh so far my own method is also 100% for me so i will stick to that but thanks for the tip.

im not updating either…just gived up on the game, decided to just play bias of it all , and gona be mi last seson in this game also, been playng D3 since launch , but the state it goten so far its just horible. I do recomand Path Of Exile, good servers, good suport from GGG. And Path of Exile 2 is near.
With blizard since activision is prezent , whole game whent to hell , D4 gona be a huge fail i bet, same server problems same client service that gona suck. Blizard north is dead. It had his time .

1 Like