Out of touch - D4 is Dead on Announcement

Attack and Defense will be your bread and butter; one stat for increasing your damage, and one stat for decreasing damage taken.

No one ever asked for this. No one asked for mounts, you’re just putting them in the game so you can sell cosmetics. No one asked for “shared worlds” with what’s effectively phasing. No one asked for a sequel to “Diablo” 3, fans of the franchise asked for a sequel to Diablo II however. No one asked for the most dumbed down itemization gaming has ever seen.

BlizzCon 2019 was the worst BlizzCon ever. Diablo IV is the lowest quality game that Blizzard has ever announced. It’s a more than just a punch in the face for your core audience who has waited 18 years for a sequel to Diablo II only for “Diablo” 4 to be worse than the outsourced mobile game you showed last year.

Stick to supporting nations that run organ harvesting farms and leave the gaming space to people with passion…You know…Blizzard from 12+ years ago.

20 Likes

I’d like to add one more thing: No one is asked for Online only game mod as well, and we are keep getting teh same responds, Pc will not going to support offilne mod. Well in that case why support consols only too? You know what give it to them too. And teh unfairness through teh eyes of your coustumers. BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES FORCED ONLINE ONLY ACTION ARPG with a sheet server services you provide. Even in 2019 Diablo 3 is lagging as hell, the staibilty between teh clients and the serversides are just disgusting. So DONT YOU DARE Putting FORCED DRM to this game. NO ONE WANTS THAT.

7 Likes

Yeah. Absolutely. Unfortunately they’re turning it into a live service, not a video game.

10 Likes

i know right?
And they dont listen it is just bowling up my head siriusly.

People want to play with this game and also Diablo 3 in offline mod in PC becasue they dont want to worry about server communication flaws, or huge amount of lags, and because of the fiald service that they can’t provide, and they learned nothing. I was there when D3 was lunched and damn i had to wait at least 3 f…ing months to play with that game because of this forced DRM sheet fest, yeah it got betetr but the servers are still lagging manytimes. And the internet providers also struggels with maintanences to ugrade their services. my question is what is this logic about to force a video game to become online only for PC while other platforms can enjoy the offline verison of it with CO-OP or with lan? thats unfair, they dont have to worry about server lags, they just download the game and they can play with out annything to worry or getting stressed and absolutly fustrated by HC dead rates wich is coused by laggs and sheet services. Diablo was always supported for offline game mode as well. There is no reason for forcing the game to become absolutly forced DRM at all time.
They would say cheaters? what cheaters? OMG offline characters are stored on your HDD not on the Blizzard servers, they were never allowed to go in oline servers. even Diablo 2 dosent allow any offline charcters to go online on to the Blizz sided serevr games. Oh god. Piraccy? dont make me laugh we all know there hase been already emulators on the inetrnet wich makes D3 completly playable in offline. There is even a palystation emmulators for Pc to play D3 in offline mode :smiley: So what now? :smiley: And if you think D IV will be different then Blizz my dears you are utterly wrong about that one. If you play online mod your online crated character will waiting for you on the Blizz server to play with it with your firends. And not on your HDD storage.

And this is what no body can understand. people are asking for offline mod for almost a decade for d3 and now they rae going to ask teh same for D.IV. Not giving them is just a spitt in teh eye and basicly telling them to buy the game on console and you are good to go. well f…that. not everyone is keen to play with controllers and consoles you know.

5 Likes

Then it’s really quite simple for you two guys; no reason to bother with this forum anymore. Go elsewhere and find games to play and discuss, like POE or the upcoming Wolcen.

13 Likes

Bring stats back. Choose were you want to give points. Agility , Condition etc.
Alltho above comment is definetly negative in whole I do agree in most of it but you are taking steps in right direction. Leave diablo 3 mechanics in diablo 3. Make more complex better mechanics for diablo4.

6 Likes

StarCraft II is history let’s make Diablo IV history as well, eh David Kim is my favorite developer …
Diablo IV is cartoonish, it’s another of Blizzard’s latest creations on the wrong path, in my opinion.
Since loot boxes and the OverWatch dream failed, prepare for a tone of microtransactions on the Diablo Series games …
In order to make something ‘‘dark’’ you gotta know what ‘‘dark’’ is … Blizzard boys and their fairytales.
*p.s. All I am hoping for is the next Diablo lore book with an anime spider as a cover.
(I am hoping a forum moderator will tranfer my wish to the book developers of the ‘‘spooky’’ and ‘‘dark’’ Diablo IV Team)

1 Like

Geez the naivity of people on this forum is almost toxic! D4 looks and feels amazing. Don’t judge before you play. Also constructive critism goes a long way sometimes instead of just whining and moaning.

6 Likes

They couldn’t care any less. Just look at “Diablo” 3 and how they never took steps to fix that, they just changed what was perceived as bad about the game so people wouldn’t complain as much.

2 Likes

i never knew saying facts are moaning and whining, but clearly you missed the whole concept of this thread its not whining, nor moaning, we simply putting out facts and we want this game to not fall in to the bottemles pitts of failures. yeah maybe sometimes comments are hars, but it contains alot of constructive feedback. even a blind can see that.

2 Likes

You should say ‘‘diablo-phobic’’, thats the secure word to use by the ‘‘fake’’ side. Criticism won’t be tolarated it seems by some and no moderator is banning this kiddo flaging criticism as toxicity.

@MADKAT @Medívh @RAZERKhas, I’d love to see you guys do any better.

No one asked for a sequel to Diablo 3? Really? I’d like a verifiable citation on that please, because I for one have been looking for a sequel for a long time now. And not because I didn’t like Diablo 3, but because I wanted the story to continue.

When Diablo 3 first released, I was horribly concerned that the online only gameplay would be a hindrance for me. My fears turned out to be completely unfounded, and even to this day I can’t even tell that I’m playing in an online only environment, and that is on a crappy old 4mb ADSL line to boot.

While I’m thrilled to see Diablo IV be what appears to be even darker and grittier that any previous version of the game, I’ll point out that I never understood why people complained about Diablo 3 being too bright and cartoony.

The way I see it is like this.

• In Diablo 1, we had the town of Tristram falling to pieces because of some crazy goings-on at the cathedral which turned out to plotted by Diablo in order to corrupt and posses the body of Prince Albrect so that he can take over.
  • Diablo 2 continued almost almost directly afterwards, with Diablo having been defeated and having the hero who vanquished him foolishly trying to contain the power of Diablo within himself. He eventually turned into The Dark Wanderer, which actually appeared to have been a part of Diablo plan all along. But he failed and was defeated completely this time.
  • In Diablo 3, the story continues around 20 or so years after the events of Diablo 2. We know this because Leah, the daughter of Adria and Aiden (The hero who defeated Diablo in the first game) is around 20 years old or so. It was only when Tyrael fell from the heavens that things again started to go awry again, which brought forth heroes once more to investigate The Falling Star and its meaning for the world of sanctuary.

With so much time having passed between the events of Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, I think that the world of Sanctuary would have settled down a little and that most of the darkness would have dissipated. This is my reasoning behind why Diablo 3 is perhaps not as dark and brooding and the previous games.

Now, in Diablo IV, we know so far only that the heavens have closed their gates to all but the angels and that a dark cult (which I’m guessing is a Cult Of The Triune), as freed Lillith from her eternal prison. And this is why everything has gone darker and more evil than in any of the previous games.

We don’t know the full story yet, and to be sure, I don’t want to know the full story until I actually start playing the game. But from what I’ve seen so far, it looks awesome.

10 Likes

I’ll point out that I never understood why people complained about Diablo 3 being too bright and cartoony.

https://imgur.com/a/FnxGqQI

Prometheus-2318 To be honest, you´re probably having a major issue with sight and you should go see a doctor.

1 Like

Neophobia
Everytime I see unhappy gamer, it’s because next generation was not exactly pure clone of D2. Somehow that attribute system is seen as really important, where you add enough to STR and DEX and flush rest to VITA in most cases.

I asked to fix D3 stat and attribute system and they did. Is Attack and Defence what I meant? Maybe not with those names but Yes.

I love mounts. I love this skyrim-style open world where I don’t meet anyone so often. Did I ask for clans? No. But totally will make one as I can trade with my friend while he’s not online. All these new ideas are awesome no matter how far they take us from D2 as long as it’s fun, dark and unholy

All decisions rock. Blizz you nailed it!
EDIT: Smash those skills to talent tree together as one, thank you!

6 Likes

All I’m worried about is Diablo IV being a Diablo II reboot and bringing dead characters.

More thoughts here: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/diablo-iv-suggestions.319820/

The always online thing is their secure way of anti-piracy manoeuvre.

I will answer with a song for the house from which it all started at the original Diablo I, it’s called ''That House ‘’ by Dance with Dead, listen to it when you have the chance.
Glory to BLIZZARD NORTH and David Brevik, the original Diablo Series source, games we will never see by this Blizzard (ActiVision), the ‘‘fat’’ WoW malfurion new Druid Class and Harley Quinnnnn Lilith awaits, :metal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewm6TG1yJ5Y

Diablo 4 is cool, go away, trolls )

4 Likes

otherwise what, are you gonna kick us out of the pool??? :frog:

I played the heck out of D1 from 1997 + we used to have a Lan set up in my house just to play D1. And then again D2. I know a lot of people say they played D1 or D2 back in the day but I actually did. Yes I know that probably makes me slightly older then a lot of people here :flushed: I’ve played D3 less but not because I don’t like it or because it’s “different” I pick it up every now and then when time and IRL permits me to. I liked all of the games for different reasons but I have myself wished for an open world Diablo game and I’m definitely thankful it isn’t a first person experience or a more linear style single player game. I understand how some might be disappointed by this decision. Will it be exactly how I want? Unlikely, but I know they can’t give everyone their perfect Diablo experience wrapped up in one game. So far, I like what I’m seeing. I know I don’t speak for all people by writing this but I hope others will also realize they don’t speak for me. Even though I’m an old school Diablo player I don’t have a demand list or else mentality. I am optimistically open minded about D4 and look forward to hearing more about the game. :+1:

8 Likes

I think someone expirienced like you than could possibly tell, at least later on what his opinions and expirience with game are, because I´m not sure if you´ve catched the memo:
Blizz Dev D4 Team is asking for feedback on anything :wink:

So maybe some ideas of some of us could be possibly heard and make the game better.

1 Like