PC Crash with Season 22

Hi!
I have been having crashes since the start of season 22. I have reinstalled the game, and battle.net, I have lowered the settings, updated my Windows OS, played on 32bit, file checked and repair, etc… you get the point. The game keeps crashing like every 2 rifts, so at this point I decided just to uninstall the game and sit this season out. Hopefully, Blizzard can fix this for the other players. Thank you for reading.

4 Likes

I was fine till 11/21/20. Its froze up once and completely crashed twice. The second crash said to clan that I left game instantly then 10-15 seconds later it said I died in clan after supposedly being out of the game.

1 Like

Yeah happened to me while playing HC. Well I’ve reached top 50 DH, now I have uninstalled this piece of crap. Of course customer service can’t restore any HC character because it’s my fault to play this game.

GL!

1 Like

Mine just crashed to desktop in rift.

1 Like

I have been having the same issue with Season 22 on PC. Game crashing seemingly at random times. Validated files, restarted PC and relaunched … all to no avail. Sometimes it will go 10 minutes, sometimes a couple hours between crashing.

1 Like

crashing here too on 64bit.

game freezes, if i tab out its gone. and i have to exit and start the bn app again then i see d3 in task manager eating 6gb ram. then i have to close it manually to start the game again.

happens every few hours.

Um they can’t restore before it’s hardcore…you die that’s it

Just playing non season hardcore in GR when game suddenly ended/crashed. Something in the new patch is causing this game to crash. Seems i can no longer play hardcore until / Or IF? this is addressed found and fixed. Sure would be nice to get some warning / update that they are even looking for the problem.

same here second crash death in 2 days. lost big each time

Really think they care? Forum full with crash and disconect reports all they say that its on your side and try to reinstall…

I had a crash to in 4 man greater rift. Game frooze up and process had to be closed.
I was lucky that i was on discord with the zbarb so he could save me from dying. All overlays disabled. System fine. D3 is the only game that crash.
Seems like a S22 problem.

My game just started crashing today (11/29). (High end i7, RTX 2070 Super) I have played D3 for the last couple of months without any issues until recently. I believe these issues started with Season 22. The first noticeable issues were in Act III on the ramparts toward Siegebreaker. I had many episodes of frozen frames and extremely low frame rate. Now today, in the same area of Act III, the game has crashed three times in an hour. Another one of the crashes was in the Frozen Ice Caves Level 2 just north the ramparts in Act III.

I am in the process of updating my drivers, restarting everything et cetera. However, my GPU drivers have not changed in the last two months, but this game has.

I, too, play Hardcore. Next to Internet failure, this is the worst part of the D3 experience. Please resolve this quickly! Thank you!

Same here, since season 22 I have constant freezes(4-5 seconds where the game is not responding) and sometimes it directly crashes, but most of the time it goes not responding for several seconds.
This only happens when in groups and when speed running, I am almost certain that is has something to do with the clones from season 22 and the engine cannot handle all the effects from all characters and clones while in a 4 man group.

Tried lowering settings ect. nothing seems to fix the issue. My system is high end and I have no other problems. And of course most of the people I ask have this issue.

1 Like

Don’t get your hopes up. ALOT of us on EU side been having error problems or disconnects… Blizzard doesn’t even answer… and if there is an answer it is run WinMTR or that or done have enough information… all though all the information is there and there is no problem with the information. seeing help here or on ticket base is useless. we have been abandoned.

1 Like

Blizzard we need answers.

I get it, if I die it’s my fault. Wait a moment, if I die because of an internal game’s issue, it’s also my fault?

I guess it’s my fault to play D3 by your astonishing logic.

I’ve been getting these crashes same as everyone else. Tried everything same as everyone else and I have contacted support but I’m highly dubious on how constructive that will be. I have been recording every crash. Got about 5 on record some look like the clones are causing it; However I have another crash in the vault 4 man with no clones. Higher GR’s seem to be more frequent in crashes. I’ve time checked each crash with my event view and other error logs and I’m stumped. Would be nice to find out exactly what’s causing it.

1 Like

I play on the EU server and i have the same problem. I play solo and sometimes - every 2 rift or so - the game freezes in GR. Didn’t have this problem before patch 22.
I tried to reinstall the game, update the divers etc and it’s still the same.

1 Like

“All the team will be on the new wow xpac, so don’t expect a fix anytime soon :P”

or so an avid player tells me

1 Like

Been having this issue also since the season started. Game will freeze, sometimes the program actually closes and disappears from the taskbar, but the program stays open in processes. Other times it freezes, stays open on the taskbar and processes, but my mouse is no longer locked to the monitor the game is on. I updated my game 2 days ago and this has happened 4 times since then. The time before last it happened while I was in the middle of using cains book to identify my stuff. This last time I was using town portal to return to tyrael after finishing a bounty…which i did not get to collect on. Glad Im not playing HC. These guys still havent fixed the cursed chest in act 4 that disappears after fighting the first wave of spawns from it, and thats been an issue since 2017 if I remember right.

1 Like