PTR 2.6.10 starts on Thursday, October 1st - Extended to October 27th

PTR 2.6.10 starts on Thursday, October 1st 2020.

PTR 2.6.10 Preview Blog

Missing Community buffs enabled…

PTR Extended to October 20th…

PTR Extended to October 27th…

PTR taken down due to server issues, will be brought back up on 22nd…

PTR to remain down until 23rd…

PTR back up and available…

PTR has ended…

1 Like

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

PS: Where is everybody ???

Haven’t read through the whole blog post.
The fourth cube slot… will it be the RoRG? Like a previous season theme.
It could also a weapon of course. Lots of possibilities.

The Executioner or The Furnace might be a popular choice for the 4th slot. If the 4th slot is shown via a change to the GUI, i.e. a fourth slot in the Cube’s window, I could foresee them keeping them after the end of the season.

The patch looks fantastic. My only issue is they over nerf what they did after ptr. ( the new wizard set been buffed now cuz it was over nerfed after a previous ptr where the time the set been released )

We always get hype on ptr and after testing you see everything nerfed to the ground. Cuz some 10k para player did clear 145 GR on some build.

They don’t take 3k - 5k para players testing in consideration at all… that is the vibe we sensed after PTR. Specially now this is a season and none seasion oriented upcoming changes as some items changes can serve both.

I’m optimistic on this one though… I see changes i have never seen like in years in items wise and unique seasonal buff with additional slot on cube.

On paper Season 22 looks really juicy … still its early to judge the book from the title we can have discussion after we test the phase 1 and 2 of the PTR and see what the final outcome they plan to implement on S22.

wasnt there a season already with a 4th cube slot? why should they keep it this time and make it also permanently available to nonseason?

dont you think this would extend powercreep?

Nope. Season 20 allowed you to have any power in the Cube’s slots but it didn’t add an extra slot. The current GUI for the Cube has three slots. To accommodate Season 22’s theme they’ll have to amend the GUI to show a fourth slot. Just seems like a lot of time / effort to spend on the GUI if it’s only going to be used for three months.

the new season theme doesnt look very hc friendly for dh necro and wd considering your clown might be able to kill you on hc with the act2 mobs that return missiles to you

So, they nerf Etched Sigil finally. Any educated guesses whether the old items keep their old affixes?

Asking because my Wizard build goes out the window if she can only proc energy twister from now on. But if the old item stays as it is, Im fine.

When they improve an item, you need to farm a new one.
When they nerf an item, the changes are retro-active.

Well they are doing something that I asked for in my previous post on 10 things to improve on. Look like a lot of useless items are now added bonus and major tweak. So far only Intel based items for Wiz, WD and Crus. Not much for other class yet. I guess one at the time. Also set balance for some of the set. But still nothing about the pet collecting DB and Mats.

What I don’t get it why Akkan set is only go up from 1500 to 2000% where other set are massive improvement. And also they seem to be focusing a lot on Twister and Hydra. I am a bit disappointed that they change the Etched Sigil. Now sound like it is not a channelling build anymore although it is still possible with some compromise.

I am struggling to figure out how the hell we can combine with new bonus with existing items. More like design for Tal Rasha channel build now. 2 hand weapon Valthek’s Rebuke in the cube, wear the Twisted Sword and Etched Sigil. But then you can’t use it as channel unless you wear Death Wish. Then you have to pick either Twisted Sword or Valthek’s Rebuke in the cube which mean you cannot maximise your damage output on Twister. So annoying. Why can’t they leave Etched Sigil as it is?

Akkhan can’t be buffed huge amount because it would make Condemn overpowered.

Because currently it is basically the only option for wizards. It kills variety.

The legendary power of the existing Etched Sigils will likely just get disabled. Thus they’ll keep the affix, it just no longer does anything.

When you copy a realm to PTR does it copy normal, seasonal and hard core characters?

PTR Copy will erase all existing data and replace with live data (season, non-season, SC, HC). Seasonal heroes shall be converted to non-seasonal.

Note that PTR Copy has 24 hours cooldown. So select realm carefully when copy. Otherwise you need to wait 24 hours.

1 Like

Can someone explain the 4th cube slot? Can we put anything in there? I just don’t get it :-/

If you had played S20, you should know. So, assume you hadn’t.

The 4th slot can choose a power from weapon, armor or jewel. Power won’t be stacked with same power in other 3 slots.

The PTR is now available.

False start, it looks like… several reports saying that the client is not updating :frowning:

The launcher doesn’t have “Upgrade”, the version is still 2.6.9.
I have tried uninstalling PTR client and reinstalling it. Still 2.6.9.
When launching, throws error 33. :nauseated_face:

Perhaps Rich posted the message too early.

They’re probably still looking for the extension cord they used the last time to plug the server in… :rofl: