Razer Chroma Issue

Hi guys, bit of an odd one here. I used to have a load of Razer stuff a year or so back that worked wonderfully with Diablo 3. I’ve just been gifted some new Razer gear and found Diablo’s Chroma effects are not working?

I have been in touch with Razer who advised making sure I remove everything (all their software etc) and reinstall it, I have also removed all diablo 3 files and reinstalled but to no avail. The game still doesn’t affect the lighting. The chroma apps/effects do work for other games though such as Doom (2016) and Overwatch.

Does anyone have any idea what might have gone wrong or ways to solve? Any help appreciated!

2 Likes

Are the Chroma effects enabled in your D3Prefs file ?

Open the D3Prefs.txt file in Documents\Diablo III with Notepad or similar text file editor. Check that you have:
DisableChromaEffects “0”
not
DisableChromaEffects “1”

Disabling Chroma Effects used to be one way of solving issues between Diablo III and Razer devices.

1 Like

Yup showing as 0 not 1. Should there be a file in the Diablo 3 folder that refers to Razer/Chroma etc? I can see a .dll which references CUE which is the Corsair lighting software but nothing for Razer? Have tried scan and repair too.

I don’t know… I don’t have/use any Razer devices.

One last thing you can look for… one used to be able to disable Chroma on specific games in the Synapse software… I guess you should check that D3 is enabled.
Also, bear in mind that D3 comes in 2 flavours:

• 32-bit : C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe and
  • 64-bit : C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\x64\Diablo III64.exe

That’s about all I can think of at the moment…

I’m surprised none of the forum support agents has stepped in yet… :frowning:

Hey, so I tried Boubou’s fix but that didn’t work. What I did was go into the D3Prefs file and changed
DisableChromaEffects “0”
to
DisableChromaEffects “1”
then restarted the game. That worked for me.

you don’t happen, to have found a solution, I have the exact same problem as you describe

I’m having random issues with my Razer and D3. I had to completely disable the Chroma effects while playing D3 otherwise the game won’t even start… It’s so random, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.