Really High vRAM Usage

I am using a Sapphire 6600XT Nitro+ with 8GB vRAM, over the last 2 days Diablo 3 has been using 7GB plus of this vRam, also in-game assets are becoming transparent. This amount of Video Memory is ridiculous for a game of this age. I am also using 32GB DDR4 ram so there is plenty of headroom.

I use this machine for hours per day on other applications and software and this does not happen anywhere else, the Battlenet Client is using over 1GB vRam on its own since the last update… What’s going on blizzard.

Edit: Battlenet is no longer using as much vRam after disabling hardware acceleration. The game itself is still 6.5 GB or more.

Update:

I’ve been monitoring this for a few hours, this seems to happen when I am doing bounties solo, when I load a new session the game uses 1.4GB vRam, as I visit the next Act it adds 1.2-1.5 GB vRam until its at 7.1 Gb vRam by act 5… the memory is not freeing up until I remake a session or close the game.

What more do you need from me to investigate this as I’m sure its not normal, people are playing the game with 2GB vRam max cards.