Screen freezing 3-5s in GR

Hi guys,

I am experiencing freezing 3,4 times on average whenever I’m doing GR and occasionally during Normal rift. Please fix it as I have seen a lot of people have the same issue.
My RIG:
i7 9700K
16GB RAM
1TB SSD
GTX 1080Ti
1000W PSU

Let me know if you need any additional information.

1 Like

This has been ongoing since it was first reported on the US Technical Support forum way back in June. There are workarounds in that thread (involving re-naming a .DLL file and using one from another source) but they render Diablo III completely silent. The last response from Blizzard was back in September…

4 Likes

hi I have the same problem I am experiencing freezing in 3-4 seconds and some small lag spikes and i dosent matter if it is a GR or a Normal rift. I am doing and I dont know how too fix it at all so please help me

Thank you! I will give a try.

Regarding Blizzard response, I kinda know they will not answering anything with this report. However I gave them the benefit of the doubt and wrote it anyways.

The way I see it, D3 is not profitable to maintain some resources to fix bugs and provide support. They have to pull all hands to develop the "April’s Fool’’ failure of a mobile game.

Hello,
Just a note - this is not a blizzard related issue.
It comes with the newly Windows 10 releases after 1909, and it affects other apps to, not only your D3.

So with other words, blizz cannot address this nor should they push for a patch cause it’s not their fault/their product. Even if they want to do something, they cannot.

So, back in July, why did they say they should be able to fix it with a server-side patch…

Once a fix is in place, our QA and compatibility teams need to make sure the fix works. If they can test and verify the fix in place works, an update or hotfix will be pushed to the live servers.

Of course, we’re still waiting, and their last update in that thread was in September.

Game is broken. Delete it. -.-

Thats not true, as this is the only app that i have problems with… Today i was doing a GR and had 8 screen freezes and died 2 times because of that… As i am having this problem so other people are having all over the world… It doesn’t make sens that if u r playing solo everything is great, and as soon as u join a party, there it goes… Freeze, freeze, freeze, and so on… I come to Blizzard page and can’t se my carachters, if i try to access any player from the rankings tells me im not logged in, even though i am… So don’t tell it’s not Blizzard fault… They just don’t care anymore about Diablo 3, as Diablo 4 and Diablo Immortal are about to come out…