Spectrum transmog became unavailable in the new season

I eventually had this rarest transmog drop to me in the season around the new years of 2021. Then I gave the game half a year of rest.

Today I start the current season and am completely shocked to see that this transmog is not available to me. It cannot be found at Mystic’s. Neither off-season nor in-season.

The weapons on the character still have it, but you can’t transmog any newer weapon.

A huge request to the devs to help me out with this issue since the tech support claimed that there is nothing they can do with in-game items in D3.

Hi:

That would be in Season 22.

The Spectrum transmog does not transfer from season to season; you will need to find it again in the current season (Season 23) if you want to use it. That part is not a bug.

The Spectrum transmog should be available in non-season… for the correct weapon type. You didn’t say what weapon you are trying to transmog but I noticed you had played your non-season barb today (Komrade)… the Spectrum transmog should be available to both the In-geom (sword) and the Echoing Fury (mace) – I did check the Echoing Fury since I have one in my chest – no problem (see https://i.imgur.com/MmIeOgF.jpg for screenshot)

It is difficult for me to help you more unless you provide more information.

Then you should be writing to the Bug Report forum; the Customer Support staff who moderate this forum are not developpers. Although they can escalate a technical issue to the devs, they would probably need more cases similar to yours to do so. At the moment, you appear to be the only player with this issue…

2 Likes

Let me go ahead and embed that for you…

1 Like

Yes Boubou :slight_smile: And first of all – hugest thank you for actually taking your time to look into my issue! <3

Exactly, I did have to log on to my barb (Komrade, now off-season) to check if the transmog is still on him after I got it on him in season 22 (and not only on the character choice screen). Luckily it IS still on Komrade. But like I said it is not registered in the Mystic’s “database” or “menu” of available transmog option which is the catastrophe I am trying to revert with someone’s help : ) I’ll do some screencasting to illustrate the scale of damage and add here in a moment.

OMG :slight_smile: I went to do the screencasting and found out that, indeed, I was trying to find this very transmog for the wrong weapon type (2-hand sword instead of 1-hand one). You were absolutely right Boubou – the transmog had been registered at Mystic’s off-season once the season 22 was over : ) It’s just I was panicking and didn’t pay attention to important details. Embarassing! : )

On the other hand though – I am almost sure that an online friend of mine who we started a couple of seasons together was always putting on his butterfly wings and Spectrum in a new season as soon as we started fresh. Now I feel like I might be slightly wrong and it was only the wings available to him since they don’t depend on this season/off-season thing.

Anyway I guess the case is cracked now : ) Please excuse my panic. And thank you so much for clarifying this.
Looks like the topic can be deleted or locked.

2 Likes

Hi again:

Having the Mystic transmog a weapon to the Spectrum at the very beginning of the Season would be a nice trick indeed… since your friend would have needed a rare (yellow) or legendary weapon and 50 000 gold… One may also need a level 2 Mystic (another 1 000 gold) to effect the transmog. Completing a Challenge Rift would provide the necessary gold and crafting mats… but where would the rare or legendary level 1 weapon come from ? :slight_smile:

So yeah… it was probably only the wings…

Best of luck in your games !

1 Like